Department of Agriculture Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare is implementing ‘Per Drop More Crop’ component of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY- PDMC).
- The PMKSY- PDMC focuses on enhancing water use efficiency at farm level through Micro Irrigation technologies viz. Drip and Sprinkler irrigation systems.
- Drip micro irrigation technique not only helps in water saving but also in reducing fertilizer usage, labour expenses and other input costs.
- For the current year, annual allotment of Rs. 4000 crore has already been allocated and conveyed to the State Governments.
- Further, Micro Irrigation Fund corpus of Rs. 5000 crore has been created with NABARD.
- The objective of the fund is to facilitate the states in mobilizing the resources for expanding coverage of Micro Irrigation by taking up special and innovative projects.
- It is also for incentivizing micro irrigation beyond the provisions available under PMKSY-PDMC to encourage farmers to install micro irrigation systems.