Health Ministry held a high level review meeting with Health Secretaries, Urban Development Secretaries, Municipal Commissioners and Mission Directors from the 11 municipal areas which have high case load of Covid-19, on 23 May. Highlights:
- These 11 municipal areas are from: Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Rajasthan and account for 70% of India’s active case load.
- So far, a total of 51,783 people have been cured. In the last 24 hours, 3,250 patients were found cured. This takes the total recovery rate to 41.39%.
- It was pointed out that testing need to step up in some municipal areas to ensure early detection of cases, timely clinical management and a reduction in fatality rate.
- The measures taken and best practices followed by the municipal corporations for the management of COVID-19 cases were also discussed.
- Emphasize given on active coordination with government and private labs to address delays in sample collection, partnership with private hospitals to augment the bed capacity, are also discussed.