Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 17 June held the second part of two day interaction with Chief Ministers via video conferencing to discuss the situation post Unlock 1.0 and plan for tackling the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Existing testing capacity must be utilized fully, along with constant efforts for expansion.
- We must battle fear and stigma by highlighting the high number of those who are recovering from the virus.
- Discipline shown by people during Lockdown has prevented exponential growth of COVID-19.
- The Prime Minister observed that the spread of the virus is greater in certain big states and cities.
- We need to fight rumours of Lockdown and plan for Unlock 2.0.
- CMs provide feedback, share details of measures to boost health infrastructure and steps taken to spread awareness.