Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi had a phone call with President of the United Republic of Tanzania Dr. John Pombe Joseph Magufuli and PM of Lao People’s Democratic Republic Dr. Thongloun Sisoulith on 12 June, 2020.
- PM Shri Modi warmly recalled his July 2016 visit to Dar-es-Salaam and both the leaders reviewed the overall bilateral relationship.
- They expressed satisfaction at the growing development partnership, educational linkages, and trade and investment flows between India and Tanzania.
- PM Shri Modi and PM Dr. Sisoulith also exchanged views on the health and economic challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic on 12 June, 2020.
- Shri Modi highlighted India’s historic and cultural links with Laos and expressed satisfaction at being involved in the restoration of the World Heritage Site at Vat Phou.
- Lao PM thanked Shri Modi for India’s support for Lao’s development programmes, in capacity building and for scholarships.