Hon’ble Home Minister and senior BJP leader, Shri Amit Shah addressed the huge public meetings held at Jonai, Majuli and Udalguri in Assam on 22 March and urged the people of the state to further accelerate the pace of development in Assam by forming BJP-led NDA government with full majority again. It is clear from the support and trust of the people in Assam that the BJP-led NDA government is going to form with full majority again.
Key Points of the Speech:
- The people of Assam have chosen the politics of development in these elections in the place of terrorism, agitations, curfews and illegal immigration. The love and support showered by the people of Assam makes it very clear that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government in the state will come back to form the government with absolute majority.
- Under the leadership of our Honourable Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi ji, Assam has begun its journey on the path of development in the past five years. In the last five years, Assam has become free of terrorism, agitations, curfews and illegal immigration. The land of the Satras and Kaziranga has also been rid of infiltrators.
- Under the leadership of our Honourable Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi ji and through the historic Bodo accord, all the problems of Bodoland are being addressed and the era of politics of development has been ushered in Assam as opposed to the politics of guns and assassinations in the state.
- In the past five years, around 2,000 terrorists have surrendered before the government and have joined the mainstream and Assam has been established as a terrorism-free state. In the next five years, our aim is to make Assam a flood-free state.
- In the past five years, has Assam faced any agitation? Has Assam witnessed terrorist violence? No. This clearly states that whenever the Congress forms government in the state, the party brings misery and fear with it and the entry of the Bharatiya Janata Party means the entry of development. In five years of our rule, we have worked towards bringing people together, whereas the Congress works on divide and rule.
- The Congress’ policy is to make people fight each other. Divide and rule is its policy. The Congress was responsible for the fight between Bengalis and Assamese, it was also responsible for the struggle between Upper and Lower Assam. But the Bharatiya Janata Party’s motto has been – Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikaas, Sabka Vishwaas.
- Rahul Gandhi ji, on one hand you talk about the honour of Assam and on the other hand you partner with Badruddin Ajmal. In such a scenario how are you going to ensure that the honour of Assam is protected?
- For Rahul Gandhi, a tour of Assam is nothing more than a picnic. A party, which ruled over four generations of Indians and whose leaders have not done anything for the daily wagers and labourers working in the tea gardens of Assam, when these leaders talk about labourers, it is actually a laughable matter.
- The way in which the Bharatiya Janata Party government in Assam, under the leadership of our Honourable Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi ji has dealt with the Covid-19 pandemic and has saved the state, I want to thank and congratulate, Assam Chief Minister, Shri Sarbananda Sonowal and Health Minister, Shri Himanta Biswa Sarma for their tireless work and devotion.
- Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji led Central government and the Bharatiya Janata Party government in Assam have worked on several programmes for the upliftment of Bodo and Mishing tribes in the state. All the promises that the Narendra Modi government has made in the Bodo accord will be achieved within two and a half years.
- In our government, women daily wagers undergoing pregnancy are given a financial assistance of Rs 18,000. In this year’s central budget, the Narendra Modi government has allocated Rs 1,000 crore for the upliftment and development of those working in tea gardens. Tea garden labourers will get 8 percent reservation in medical.
- Recently, our Honourable Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi ji handed over land pattas to more than one lakh people in Assam. The Narendra Modi government has allocated Rs 46,000 for the development of the petroleum and gas sector in Assam. Assam was also given Rs 8,000 crore as gas royalty.
- In this budget, the Narendra Modi government has allocated Rs 53,000 crore for the development of National Highways in Assam. Besides, Rs 30,000 crore has been allocated for various other schemes and programmes. All the Namghars were given Rs 2.50 lakh each to strengthen them.