Bharatiya Janata Party National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda launched the book “Modi: Shaping a Global Order in Flux” at Sushma Swaraj Bhavan, New Delhi on Wednesday and highlighted India’s role in the global arena under the leadership of respected Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji. He discussed in detail the growing stature and leading role of India in solving global issues. “Modi: Shaping a Global Order in Flux” was foreword by the External Affairs Minister of India Shri S. Jaishankar ji while its editors are Shri Sujan Chinoy (Director General of the Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defense Studies and Analyses), Shri Vijay Chauthaiwale (In-Charge, Foreign Affairs Dept, Bharatiya Janata Party) and Shri Uttam Kumar Sinha (Fellow at Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defense Studies and Analyses and holds an adjunct position at the Malaviya Centre for Peace Research, Banaras Hindu University). Many dignitaries and distinguished persons including party’s national media head and Rajya Sabha MP Shri Anil Baluni were present in the event.
Highlights of the address of Hon’ble BJP National President:
- Our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji has made the country strong and empowered all sections of the society, particularly the women, youth, Dalits, tribals and backwards communities. Under the leadership and guidance of Shri Modi ji India has become a strong country. He took several tough policy decisions which led to speedy development of India and our country emerged as a strong and empowered nation.
- The book gives us a deep insight about how India’s image changed globally under the dynamic leadership of our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji. It is also a chronology of changes that happened in the international arena vis-a-vis India, how India played an important role in the changing world order, how we formed new partnerships and how India gave new dimensions to its relationship with some of the leading and developed countries.
- Under the dynamic leadership of our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji the way the world looks towards India has completely changed. Shri Modi ji has strengthened ties with our neighbors and also opened new avenues in the fields of international relations. Today India’s role is acknowledged globally when it comes to carrying out humanitarian missions helping other countries in times of need and crisis. But on the other hand, India also gives its adversaries a tough message when it comes to the matter of India’s sovereignty.
- What was India’s image before 2014 and what it is now since our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji took over? Prior to 2014 our economy was declining, we were known as a corrupt nation, we faced repeated terror attacks, there was lack of stable government, the authority of the position of the Prime Minister was eroded – all this had a very bad impact on India in the global scene.
- Our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji took over in difficult times. But he navigated foreign affairs in the best possible manner. He greatly improved India’s relations with the nations. Shri Modi ji visited nations which no Prime Minister had visited for decades, though these nations were our friends, no serious efforts were made to strengthen relations.
- But under the dynamic leadership of our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji all this changed. He took serious efforts to ensure that India emerged as a power globally. He undertook over 100 overseas journeys and visited over 60 nations. He gave new dimensions and strengthened India’s relationships particularly with nations like the US, Japan, France and UAE. He enhanced bilateral relations by addressing global issues. He cemented traditional ties and developed new partnerships to address global issues.
- Unlike the past, India under the dynamic leadership our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji does not shy away in taking positions on global issues. India today takes a stand even on complex issues which may not be acceptable to all but it is acknowledged and appreciated by all. A classic example of it is the Russia-Ukraine war.
- Another big change that has happened in the field of international relations vis a vis India is the de-hyphenation of India and Pakistan. Earlier India and Pakistan were always hyphenated in the international scene. But today under the dynamic leadership of our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji this de-hyphenation has taken place. Today India’s position is far ahead of Pakistan. Now no one keeps us in the same bracket. Pakistan has been isolated on the issue of terrorism. It is all due to the efforts of Shri Modi ji.
- Similarly, Indian leaders avoided visiting Israel due to vote bank politics. But now Shri Modi ji has shown the world how India can deal with both the nations separately by having very cordial and healthy relations. India today is capable of handling the two different countries in the best possible manner.
- Our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji shares personal relationships with world leaders which has helped in defusing several problems. For instance, the 960 hostages of 41 nations were released after Shri Modi ji talked to the Crown Prince of UAE. During the Russia-Ukraine war when 22,500 Indian students were stranded in the war zone, it was Shri Modi ji who initiated dialogue with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Ukrainian President V Zelenskyy and requested for a limited ceasefire which led to the rescue of 22,500 Indian students.
- It is due to the efforts of our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji that today India is the essential partner in all the multilateral forums. India is leading the G20, India is a regular invitee to the powerful G7, and we have contributed immensely to the QUAD, BRICS, SCO and I2U2. Today India is playing a very effective role in all the global multilateral platforms.
- The G20 Presidency has come to India when the world is facing very challenging issues. World is emerging from the Corona pandemic, there are pressing issues related to the Russia-Ukraine war, there are issues related to the global supply chain. In today’s world the voice and views of our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji are very important. Under his leadership the G20 will be able to address these crucial issues that the world is facing today. Similarly, India has emerged as a powerful voice of the Global South.
- The world also appreciates India’s tough stand when it comes to our safety and security. World has supported and appreciated our surgical strikes and air strikes. Similarly, our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji has also leveraged India’s strength by utilising soft power like culture, Ayurveda, Yoga, visiting of Hindu places, development of Buddhist circuit. It is due to the efforts of Shri Modi ji that International Yoga Day is accepted globally. A grand temple is coming up in UAE which shows how Shri Modi’s wish is respected internationally. The World Health Organisations (WHO) has also recognised the importance of traditional medicine and has set up the world’s first Global Centre for Traditional Medicine in Gujarat. All these are due to the initiatives of Shri Modi ji.
- Today the world also recognises India’s prowess as a strong Digital Economy. The digitalisation of the Ayushman Bharat scheme is a case study for the entire world, while India’s Rupay cards are now accepted globally. Similarly, the world is seeking India’s help in implementing UPI. It is due to the strengthening of our digital economy under the dynamic leadership of our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Modi ji that India today accounts for 40 per cent of the world’s total digital transactions. India today is sharing technology to the world.
- Our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Modi ji has also taken lead on environmental issues on global platforms. He has contributed immensely in COP21 and COP26 and all this was acknowledged by several global leaders including former US President Barack Obama. India has made a self-declaration to become net zero emission nation by 2070, which shows the commitment of Shri Modi ji towards environment and climate change.
- The policy initiatives, commitment and dynamic leadership of our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Modi ji has changed the views of the world towards India. Recently a deal to purchase more than 500 commercial aircrafts was placed with Europe’s Airbus and Boeing of the US. Leaders of both the nations thanked Shri Modi ji for the deal. US President Joe Biden said the deal would create 1 million jobs in 44 states of the US. Similarly, British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak also hailed the deal and said that India is an emerging economic power and by 2050, India will become the third largest economic power. All these are an endorsement of India’s leading position in the global order today. All this has happened under the dynamic leadership of our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Modi ji.