Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the nation on the occasion of International Day of Yoga via video conference on 21 June. The Prime Minister said International Yoga Day is a day of solidarity. This is the day of universal brotherhood.
- He said due to COVID-19 global health emergency, this year International Yoga Day is being observed through the electronic and digital platform.
- The Huge participation of people in ‘My Life – My Yoga’ video blogging competition from across the globe reflects the growing popularity of yoga.
- Pranayama Yoga or breathing exercises strengthens our respiratory system.
- Yoga boosts the immune system against Covid 19 virus.
- Yoga has emerged as a force for unity.
- Yoga promotes family bonding as children, youngsters, elders in the family come together to practice yoga; there is a flow of positive energy in home.