As many as 5,991 patients were cured of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours. This takes the total number of patients recovered to 1,35,205, while the total number of active cases is now 1,33,632.
- For the first time, the total number of recovered patients has exceeded the active cases. The recovery rate now stands at 48.88%.
- The number of tests conducted by ICMR has exceeded 50 lakhs; it stands at 50,61,332 on 10 June. In the last 24 hours, ICMR has tested 1,45,216 samples.
- ICMR has continued to ramp up the testing capacity for detecting the Novel Coronavirus in the infected persons.
- The number of government labs has been increased to 590 and private labs has been increased to 233 (a total of 823).
- Central Teams are being deputed to provide technical support and handhold the State Health Departments and Municipal Health Officials to review public health measures being undertaken for COVID-19 in six cities of Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Chennai Kolkata, Delhi and Bengaluru.