Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi interacted with Google CEO Shri Sundar Pichai via video conferencing on 13 July, 2020.
- Google CEO Shri Pichai announced an investment of Rs 75,000 crore in India over the next 5-7 years through ‘Google for India Digitisation Fund’.
- He said that the strong step of Lockdown initiated by the Prime Minister Shri Modi set up a very strong foundation of India’s battle against the pandemic.
- Shri Modi appreciated the proactive role played by Google in battling misinformation and conveying information about necessary precautions. He also talked about further leveraging technology in providing healthcare services.
- The Prime Minister said that Indians are adjusting to and adopting technology at a rapid pace. He talked about farmers benefiting from technology and the possible wide-ranging benefits of AI in agriculture.
- Shri Sundar Pichai briefed the PM about new products and initiatives by Google in the country.