Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi during his visit to Bahrain on August 24-25 was conferred the King Hamad Order of the Renaissance by Bahrain’s King Hamad bin Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa in recognition of his efforts to strengthen bilateral relations with the key Gulf nation.
Shri Narendra Modi became the first Indian prime minister to visit Bahrain, received the honour on the night of August 24, 2019 when he called on the King of Bahrain.
Earlier on August 24 Abu Dhabi crown prince, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan honoured Prime Minister Shri Modi with the ‘Order of Zayed’, the UAE’s highest civilian award. The award has been conferred in recognition of PM Shri Modi’s distinguished leadership for giving a big boost to bilateral relations between India and the UAE.
PM Modi honored by Islamic countries with high civilian award
1. The King Hamad Order of the Renaissance, Bahrain – August 2019
2. Order of Zayed, UAE’s highest civilian award – August 2019
3. Grand Collar of the State of Palestine – February 2018
4. Amir Amanullah Khan Award, Afghanistan – June 2016
5. King Abdulaziz Sash Award, Saudi Arabia – April 2016
6. Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen, Maldives – June 2019