Reaching out to farmers, the BJP manifesto for the Karnataka assembly polls on May 4, 2018 promised allocation of Rs 1.5 lakh crore for irrigation projects and waiver of farm loan up to Rs. 1 lakh borrowed from nationalized and cooperative banks in the very first cabinet meeting if it’s voted to power in Karnataka.
The manifesto, unveiled by BJP State President and the party’s Chief Ministerial candidate, Shri B S Yeddyurappa also said if voted to power, BJP would bring out a ‘white paper’ on the financial health of the state under the Congress rule.
A scheme to provide Rs 25,000 and three grams of gold for brides coming under the BPL category during the marriage and opening of Annapoorna Canteens has also been promised. BJP also offers smart phones to women.
The manifesto said Rs 25,000 and 3 gm of gold will be provided to brides of families living Below Poverty Line (BPL) at the time of marriage under the ‘Vivaha Mangala’ scheme.
Targeting the vast constituency of women, the party promised sanitary napkins for BPL women at Re 1 under the ‘Stree Suvidha’ Scheme.
Highlights of the BJP manifesto for Karnataka:
• Scheme to provide accidental insurance cover up to Rs 2 lakh for landless, agricultural labourers.
• Crop loan waiver up to Rs 1 lakh, including all loans from nationalized banks and co-operatives
• Farmers will receive 1.5 times the cost of production as Minimum Support Price (MSP)
• To launch Negilayogi Yojane to provide direct income support of Rs 10,000 to 20 lakh small and marginal dry land farmers.
• Rs 25,000 and 3 gm gold for brides of families under Vivaha Mangala scheme
• 300 Mukhya Mantri Annapoorna canteens to provide affordable meals
• Rs 5000 crore ‘Raitha Bandhu Market Intervention Fund’ to provide safety net for farmers
• Department to be monitored directly under CMO to monitor implementation of schemes
• Pledge to develop 6 ‘K-Hubs’ as incubators and co-working spaces for start-ups at Hubballi, Bengaluru, Raichur, Mysuru, Mangaluru and Kalaburgi
• To set up Rs 10,000 crore Stree Unnati Fund to set up women cooperative and establish Stree Unnati Stores
• To launch Mukhyamantri Smartphone Yojna for women below BPL
• Free sanitary napkins to BPL women and girl students, and at Rs 1 for other women under Stree Suvidha Scheme
• Hyderabad-Karnataka Industrial Mega Corridor to be built from Hosapete to Hyderabad
• Rs 2500 crore fund to clean and revive lakes and rivers of Bengaluru and ‘free Bengalureans from water tank mafia’
• To form flying squads to attend to distress calls of women in Bengaluru
• To organize a summit for Hyderabad-Karnataka region every 2 years to attract investment
• To form special investigation cell led by a female police officer with 1000 policewomen to investigate pending crimes against women.
• Rs 1.5 lakh crore budget to compete all irrigation projects by 2023