BJP ASSAM MANIFESTO WITH 10 PROMISES RELEASED
BJP National President Shri JP Nadda on March 23, 2021 released the party manifesto for the upcoming assembly elections in Assam.
Along with Shri JP Nadda, Union Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Chief Minister of Assam Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, senior leader Shri Himanta Biswa Sarma and others were also present on the occasion of manifesto release.
Announcing the manifesto, Shri Nadda said the party is making 10 commitments to help Assam take the next big leap in the coming five years.
10 KEY COMMITMENTS MADE IN MANIFESTO:
• We have resolved to protect the culture of Assam, ensure the state is protected and we have also resolved to make the state prosperous and self-reliant. This Sankalp Parta is our ‘Direction of Development’ for Assam.
• We are committed to make Assam free of floods. We will start the ‘Mission Brahmaputra’ Yojana, which will help rid Assam of the devastating floods every year and chart a new course of development for the state.
• Under the Arunodaya scheme around 30 lakh poor families will be covered. Under this scheme at present a financial assistance of 830 is provided every month, which will increase to 3,000 per month.
• We will establish a task force that will look into removing the encroachments on the worshipping area of tribals. Every Namghar in the state will be given financial assistance of Rs 2.50 lakh to strengthen them.
• Under the mission, Sishu Unayan, every child will get education free of cost in state government education institutions. Besides, children from Class Eight and above will be given a bicycle.
• The BJP government in Assam will properly implement the NRC so that the citizenship rights of the people of Assam are ensured and illegal immigrants are dealt with sternly.
• To protect the political interests of Assam, we will conduct a delimitation exercise in the state. We will pride land to all the landless people in the state and will also empower them.
• After BJP forms the government in Assam, we will implement the Assam Ahaar Atmanirbhar scheme for the state. In Assam, we will focus on food products, especially fish, horticulture products, poultry and dairy products. We will also focus on gardening (Nursery) products.
• We will offer 2 lakh government jobs to youth in Assam. Of this, 1 lakh jobs will be offered in the first year of the BJP forming government in Assam, which means before March 31, 2022 we will provide 1 lakh jobs. We will make Assam the fastest state in creating jobs in the country. In the private sector also arrangements will be made to create 8 lakh jobs.
• After the BJP forms the government in Assam, we will start the Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Employment Yojna, under which every year 2 lakh youth entrepreneurs or 10 lakh youth entrepreneurs will be created in five years.