BJP National President releases Vision Document for Meghalaya
BJP National President Shri JP Nadda released party’s ‘Vision Document’ for the Meghalaya Assembly elections in Shillong on 15 February, 2023. In its ‘Vision Document’, the party announced to form an STF under the chairmanship of a retired Supreme Court judge to investigate the corruption cases in the state. The BJP National President promised several schemes of women and youth empowerment during that occasion.
The BJP President announced free education for girls from KG to PG. He said women would get 33 percent reservation in government jobs and free scooty would be provided to meritorious college-going students if party is voted to power. The state will go to polls on 27th of this month. Key highlights of the document :
• We will establish a Special Task Force under a retired Supreme Court Judge to investigate all cases of corruption to take swift and decisive action against any delay, defect or denial of government services.
• We will implement the 7th Pay Commission in Meghalaya for all government employees.
Culture and Tourism
• We will expedite the establishment of a state-of-the-art Tribal Museum to showcase the rich tribal culture and heritage of the state.
• We will establish the Tribal War Memorials honoring Pa Togan Nengminja, U. Tirot Sing Syiem and U Kiang Nangbah, who were brave freedom fighters from the Garo Hills, Khasi Hills and Jaintia Hills regions.
• We will expand the tourism economy of Meghalaya by investing Rs. 1000 crores for the promotion of Meghalaya as a major national and international tourism destination.
• We will increase the annual financial assistance under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme from the current Rs. 6,000 to Rs. 8,000 per annum.
• Will provide financial assistance of Rs. 3,000 per annum under the Chief Minister’s Landless Farmer Scheme to all landless farmers.
• We will provide financial assistance of Rs. 6,000 per annum to all fishermen under the Fishermen Income Support Scheme.
• Will introduce the Ka Phan Nonglait scheme providing a bond of Rs. 50,000 on the birth of a girl child.
• We will provide free-of-cost, quality education to all female students from KG to PG.
• We will provide free scooties to all meritorious college-going female students from financially weak households.
• We will provide 33% reservation for women in all Government jobs, with a special focus on the police force.
• We will provide skill training and create 3.5 lakh self-employment opportunities by setting up two new SEZs, Industrial Units, one additional IT Park, banking and hospitality industries over the next 5 years.
• We will introduce Karnesh Marak Youth Support Scheme to provide monthly financial assistance of Rs. 1,000 to unemployed graduates for a period of 1 year to help them prepare for higher education or government jobs.
Health for All
• Will double the per-family annual insurance cap from Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 10 lakhs under Ayushman Bharat.
• We will initiate the Meghalaya Health Infrastructure Mission with an investment of Rs. 2,500 crores for the development of medical colleges and other health infrastructure in the state.