Addressing the ‘Panch Parmeshwar’ Sammelan at Ramlila ground in New Delhi on 16 October 2022, BJP National President Shri JP Nadda said a series of scams have taken place in the national capital under the rule of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
Speaking to the Karyakartas and the common citizens of Delhi, Shri Nadda came down heavily on the Delhi government over irregularities in the implementation of the Delhi Excise Policy. Shri Nadda also criticized the Delhi government for not implementing the ‘Ayushman Bharat’ scheme of the central government to provide health facilities to the poor.
He said the APP government is the government of scams, corruption and frauds. The Kejriwal government has been engaged in numerous corruption and scams in every department. Arvind Kejriwal has made situation worse in Delhi and the people of the capital are suffering due to incompetence and corruption of the Chief Minister. This government needs to go, he added.
He listed out the corruption occurred in schoolroom construction, purchasing of buses, excise policy, and others in Delhi. He said the people of Delhi are ready for change. Be it the elections of the Delhi Nagar Nigam or the Delhi Assembly, two things are certain — first, the grand victory of the Bharatiya Janata Party and second, a crushing defeat of the Aam Aadmi Party.
The BJP National President said several development works have been done both by the Central government and BJP in MCD to provide better facilities to the people. He added that three MCDs have been united for better functioning.
Speaking on the occasion, Delhi BJP President Shri Adesh Gupta also criticized the Delhi government on several issues.
- Before coming to power, Arvind Kejriwal used to say he will reduce the number of liquor shops. But soon after coming to power, he not only increased the number of liquor shops but also opened new shops in the neighborhood.
- In a sting operation it has come to light how the Aam Aadmi Party and its leaders illegally took half of the 12% commission from the liquor contractors. The money which should have gone to the coffers went to the Aam Aadmi Party and its leaders. This is the level of corruption.
- In its observation, the Central Vigilance Commission has put the cost of construction of one classroom at Rs 5 lakhs, whereas the Arvind Kejriwal government paid contractors Rs 33 lakh for one classroom.
- Today, around 745 Delhi government schools are running without Principals, while over 70% Delhi government schools have no arrangement for studies of science and commerce.
- In 2015, Kejriwal promised to introduce 11,000 new buses, but today just 3,680 buses are running on Delhi roads. Whereas, in 2015 Delhi had around 6,600 buses. This is the difference between what Kejriwal says and what he does.
- The APP government also committed massive irregularities and corruption in the purchase and maintenance of 1,000 buses in Delhi. For the purchase of buses a deal worth Rs 850 crores was done while a deal worth Rs 3500 crores was done for the maintenance of these buses. However, when the corrupt intentions were exposed, this tender process was stopped.
- The Kejriwal government has also done massive corruption in electricity bills.
- Earlier, the Delhi Jal Board was in a profit of around Rs 500 crores, but today the Board has gone into big losses.
- Massive corruption took place in Mohalla Clinics.
- Three ministers of the Arvind Kejriwal government are in jail due to various court orders.