Indian Railways launches 09 ‘Sewa Service’ Trainson October 15 to connect smaller towns around major cities. These services were launched by the Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, Shri Piyush Goyal along with Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Science and Technology and Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan and Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, from New Delhi by inaugurating Delhi-Shamli passenger train. Other trains were flagged off through video-conferencing connected to the terminal stations where these trains are to start. Minister of State of Railways, Shri Suresh C. Angadi, MP, Lok Sabha, Smt. Meenakshi Lekhi and other dignitaries were also present on the occasion.
Of 09 ‘Sewa Service’ trains in eight states, four trains will run on a daily basis and other five, 6 days a week.
–Vadnagar – Mahesana DEMU (6 days a week) – Gujarat
- Asarva – Himmatnagar DEMU (6 days a week)- Gujarat
- Karur – Salem DEMU (6 days a week)- Tamil Nadu
- Coimbatore – Pollachi Passenger (6 days a week)- Tamil NaduCoimbatore – Palani Passenger (Daily)- Tamil Nadu
- Yesvantpur – Tumkur DEMU (6 days a week) – Karnataka
- Murkongselek – Dibrugarh Passenger (Daily) – Assam
- Bhubaneswar – Nayagarh Express (Daily) – Assam
- Delhi – Shamli Passenger (Daily)Speaking on the occasion, Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry Shri Piyush Goyal said, these trains will provide connectivity to the far-flung areas where stoppages of premiere trains was not possible. These trains will act as link trains to serve the common man of the country.