Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the inaugural conclave of ‘Shikshak Parv’ on 07 September, 2021 via video conferencing. He also launched Indian Sign Language Dictionary (audio and text embedded sign language video for the hearing impaired, in conformity with Universal Design of Learning), Talking Books (audio books for the visually impaired), School Quality Assurance and Assessment Framework of CBSE, NISHTHA teachers’ training programme for NIPUN Bharat and Vidyanjali portal (for facilitating education volunteers/ donors/ CSR contributors for school development).
Addressing the gathering, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi congratulated the teachers who have received the National Award. He commended the contribution the teachers have made for the future of students in the country in difficult times.
He said, “On the occasion of Shikshak Parv, many new schemes have been started which are also important because the country is currently celebrating the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. Taking new resolutions for how India will be after 100 years of independence.”
On the occasion of Shikshak Parv, many new schemes have been started which are also important because the country is currently celebrating the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav
The Prime Minister praised students, teachers and the entire academic community for rising up to the challenge of pandemic and asked them to take forward the capabilities developed to deal with that difficult time. “If we are in the midst of a transformation period, fortunately, we also have modern and futuristic new National Education Policy”, he said.
• PM Modi praised the contribution of academicians, experts, teachers, at every level of the formulation of the National Education Policy and its implementation.
• Prime Minister said ‘Vidyanjali 2.0’ is like a platform for the country’s resolve of ‘Sabka Prayas’ with ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas’. In this society, our private sector has to come forward and contribute to increasing the quality of education in government schools.
• PM expressed happiness that athletes have accepted his request that every player visit at least 75 schools during Azadi Ka Amrit mahotsav. This will inspire the students and many talented students will get encouragement to go forward in the field of sports.
• N-DEAR will act as a ‘super-connect’ between various academic activities in the same way as UPI interface revolutionized the banking sector.
• The country is making technology like Talking Books and Audiobooks a part of education.
• School Quality Assessment and Assurance Framework (S.Q.A.A.F), which was operationalized today, would address the deficiency of the absence of a common scientific framework for dimensions like curricula, pedagogy, assessment, infrastructure, inclusive practices and governance process. SQAAF will help in bridging this inequality.
He informed that the country is preparing its teachers for these changes through ‘Nishtha’ training programs.