Hon’ble BJP National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda addressed the Manipur State BJP Executive meeting via video conferencing on January 27 and called to take the development journey to the every home of Manipur under the leadership of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. did. The Chief Minister Shri N Biren Singh, BJP National Spokesperson & Manipur In-charge Dr Sambit Patra and other senior BJP leaders were present on the dice in Manipur.
Key points of address:
- I pay my reverence to the Land of Gods and temples – Mahabali temple, Krishna temple, Govinda temple and other important deities. I also pay tribute to freedom-fighters who fought for the country. On 14 April, 1944, the brave people of Manipur along with the Indian National Army (INA), founded by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, had hosted the Indian flag in the state.
- I appreciate that the party workers have done a lot of good work in Manipur, adding nearly 54,000 members to the party in the state. The party is actively working for the people of Manipur and contributing immensely in the growth and development of the State. A young team of leaders have taken over the activities of the party in the state. I would urge party leaders to ensure that every worker gets an opportunity to work and contribute for the party and also work to fulfil aspirations of the people of Manipur. For effective functioning of the party we should regularly evaluate the work done by our leaders. Self-analysis of all executive committee members and leaders should be a continuous process which would strengthen the party’s functioning.
- The BJP Manipur unit is soon going to launch a major membership drive across the state with the goal of making 300 members in each booth. I hope all sections of the society are included in the membership drive, with special emphasis on including tribal people of Manipur in large numbers in the party. It will help in making the Bharatiya Janata Party a strong party in Manipur with maximum reach.
- Today, under the leadership of Shri N. Biren Singh, we are witnessing a different Manipur. There is a visible change in the law and order situation in the state. Manipur had witnessed an economic blockade of 139 days, insurgency, major protests and violence. But now under the BJP government the culture of insurgency, social disturbances, bandhs, protests and economic blockade has gone. The BJP government’s focus in on economic development and social progress which is fast coming to the state. I urge the BJP leaders and workers to become enablers of the fast development and economic progress of Manipur under the dynamic leadership of Shri N Biren Singh ji.
- The BJP government has checked migrant activities and now borders are more peaceful. The government has also waged a war against the drug and it is due to a sustained campaign against drug peddlers by the state police and other law enforcement agencies that today the state is peaceful and its law and order situation has improved considerably. A proof of it is that India’s best police station is now in Manipur. Manipur has earned this badge of honour because of the effective leadership in the state.
- All the social welfare and economic schemes announced by our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narednra Modi ji are being effectively implemented in Manipur and as a result all the sections of the society in the state have benefitted from it. Manipur has seen 10 lakh new bank accounts opened under the Jan Dhan Yojana while 1.56 lakh gas connections have been provided to Manipur under the Ujjwala Yojana. Similarly, 3 lakh LED bulbs have been distributed in the state and Manipur has contributed immensely in energy conservation. Manipur is 100 % electrified under the BJP government. Similarly, connectivity has improved and the entire Northeast now has broad gauge railway lines. Similarly, many new bridges and roads have been made and strengthened. Air connectivity has been enhanced and today Manipur is connected to all major cities across India. Another Rs 3000 crore has been earmarked for the development of highways in the state.
- Manipur today stands third in the beneficiaries list in the Matru Vandana Yojana where 48,000 beneficiaries have been registered, with 20,000 already receiving benefits. Similarly, 2.60 lakh toilets have been constructed under the Swachh Bharat Yojna and as a result Manipur today is Open Defecation Free (ODF) state and I congratulate the BJP government in the state for these remarkable achievements. Manipur has also done very well in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- Industrial development and entrepreneurship have taken a major leap forward with 74 % new registrations, which is much higher compared to other states in the North East. New industrial estates are being developed and big investments are coming to the state. This shows that in a very short span of time Manipur has done very good work in every aspect of governance. Manipur’s tourism potential is being taped under the leadership of Chief Minister Shri N Biren Singh ji.
- There is an immense opportunity in Manipur related to the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji’s ambitious Atmanirbhar Bharat Yojna. I would request the state government to try and implement how local products can become a country-wide brand, thus supporting the idea of vocal for local.
- The state also performed remarkably in the management of Covid-19 while bigger states with better medical facilities struggled to tackle Corona pandemic. The entire nation is proud of this achievement of Manipur. Under the dynamic and decisive leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji the entire nation came together in the fight against Corona and the lockdown was announced at the right time thus saving 1.3 billion people. Entire nation stood behind Shri Narendra Modi ji and fought the pandemic. We created and developed medical infrastructure in a record time and this happened under the dynamic leadership of our Prime Minister. Our recovery rate is the best in the world and this happened due to our timely action. Today India is exporting medical and health goods and machinery to the world.
- We have to ensure that people at the local level understand how the country is moving forward in the dynamic leadership of our beloved Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji. Since Narendra Modi ji became our Prime Minister, Northeast India has been in the mainstream as far as development, connectivity, education and tourism are concerned. The Honourable Prime Minister takes special care to ensure that there is fast development and social progress in the entire North East.
- I would request the party leaders and workers to continue with their good work and help the state government in its efforts. It is the responsibility of the party workers to communicate to the masses the amount of good work done by the state government and see that the benefits of the progressive policies and development programmes being implemented in the state government reaches to the weakest sections of the society.
- I would like to thank you for your work and dedication that you showed during the Corona pandemic where the party workers distributed over 40,000 food packets to migrant workers, distributed 90,000 sanitizers, 3.5 lakh face masks, 1.8 lakh ration packets to the needy and helped in download of 60,000 Aroyga Setu App which prepared the state in dealing with the Corona pandemic. While all political parties went into the lockdown mode during the Corona pandemic, it was the Bharatiya Janata Party and its workers who came out to help people and migrant workers during the pandemic. I would urge you to always be ready to help and assist people of Manipur.
- BJP state unit executive members should be given special duty and the state president should ensure that they deliver and make the party more vibrant and stronger. The party should be active at each booth where social media also needs to be activated for better communication and effective functioning. I once again urge you to proactively participate in the party’s functioning and reach out to the masses the ideology of the party and programmes and policies of the Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji and the BJP government in Manipur.