The Bharatiya Janata Party’s Nagaland Vision Document 2023 was launched by the BJP National President Shri JP Nadda on 14 February in Kohima, Nagaland. Shri Nadda said that the party’s Vision Document reflects the ambitions, desires and aspirations of the people of Nagaland. Staying true to the principles of Antyodaya – working for the welfare of the last man – this manifesto is truly by the people and for the people. Our aim through the ‘Nagaland Vision Document 2023’ is to focus on the overall peace and stability of the state as well as provide for the development and welfare of its citizens. We have consistently worked towards implementing the goal of the three ‘P’s’ in Nagaland- Peace, Progress and Prosperity. It is a matter of great pride for us that our Vision Document is the aspirational expression of the people of Nagaland. We appreciate your fervent support and participation during this campaign. We will carry forward the thrust in development by the Double Engine Sarkar and inculcate in our policies the mantra of Inclusive development and last-mile delivery.
Shri Nadda said that the Sankalp Patra 2023 of the BJP for Nagaland encompasses a roadmap for the State’s development. There was a time when the Northeast meant Blockades, insurgency, violence and targeted-killings. But today, the Northeast and Nagaland is on a path of normalcy, peace, prosperity and consolidation. The insurgency has been greatly reduced in the last 8 years & the AFSPA has been reduced & removed to a great extent. Also, the disturbed area notification has been withdrawn from many districts. This all reflects the peace being restored in the region. Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji believes the Northeastern States as the ‘Ashta Lakshmi’, the basis for the development of these have been peace, power, tourism, 5G connectivity, culture, natural-farming and sports among other potentials.
Hon’ble BJP National President said that BJP is the only political party which believes in the ‘Report Card’. We deliver what we commit. We deliver even beyond what we commit for.
Nagaland Vision Document – Major Promises
- We will establish a dedicated Nagaland Cultural Research Fund with an investment of ₹1,000 crores. We will establish Saramati Cultural University in Kiphire with an investment of ₹500 crores to promote Naga culture. We will invest ₹100 crores to promote and expand the scope of all major tribal festivals.
- We will establish an Eastern Nagaland Development Board for the holistic development of the region. We will provide a special package for the development of Eastern Nagaland. We will work with the Central Government to expedite the construction of the Trans-Nagaland Highway to enable easy access across districts, especially from Eastern Nagaland.
- We will increase the financial assistance under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme from the current ₹6,000 to ₹8,000 per annum. We will launch the agri-infrastructure mission with an investment of ₹500 crores.
- We will introduce the Neidonuo Angami Women Welfare Scheme of providing a bond of ₹50,000 on the birth of a girl child. We will provide free-of-cost, quality education to all female students from KG to PG. We will launch the CM Free Scooty Scheme to provide free scooty to the meritorious. We will provide 2 free-of-cost LPG cylinders to all Ujjwala beneficiaries every year.
- e will provide 2 lakh self-employment opportunities in the next 5 years. We will invest ₹500 crores to launch a Nagaland Skill Development University to train the youth and make them job-ready. We will provide digital tablets to all the meritorious students for students of classes 10th and 12th. We will ensure the timely completion and commencement of the Kohima and Mon Medical Colleges.
- We will constitute the Nagaland Anti-Narcotics Task Force under the CMO to curb the menace of drugs in the state. We will introduce Nagaland Tourism Skill Mission to provide training and employment opportunities to 50,000 local youth.
- We will provide free rice and wheat monthly and 5 kg of black chickpeas and 1 litre of mustard oil per family quarterly, at a subsidized rate to all PDS beneficiaries.
- We will increase the existing pension ₹1,000 per month for senior citizens, Divyangs, single mothers and widows. We will, in conjunction with the Central Government, provide affordable housing to all under PM Awas Yojana by 2025. We will ensure the 100% implementation of the Jal Jeevan Mission and connect all households of Nagaland to tap water by 2024.
- We will invest an amount of ₹500 crores to provide collateral-free loans of up to ₹10 lakhs to MSMEs. We will continue building all-weather roads and connecting all villages with State and National Highways. We will provide health insurance cards to provide cashless medical facilities for all government employees. We will provide free health insurance and social security insurance to all unorganised workers. We will double the per-family annual insurance cap from ₹5 lakhs to ₹10 lakhs under Ayushman Bharat.
Major Achievements of BJP in Nagaland
- We have established a Software Technological Park in Kohima. We are ensuring infrastructural development and connectivity to bring holistic development to the region.
- Sanctioned more than 55,000 houses with an investment of ₹1,850 crores under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- Around 2.1 lakh farmers have been provided with the financial assistance of ₹6,000 per annum with a total worth of ₹316 crores under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme.
- Provided health insurance of ₹5 lakhs to around 3.8 lakh beneficiaries under the Ayushmaan Bharat Yojana.
- Around 92,000 free LPG cylinders have been provided under the PM Ujjwala Yojana. Around 28,000 women have been provided with the financial assistance of ₹5,000 with a total worth of over ₹13 crores under the PM Vandana Yojana. Around 14 lakh beneficiaries have been provided with free ration under the PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana.
- In comparison to 2014, there has been a reduction of 74% in militancy incidents till 2022 in the state. 15 National Highway Projects have been developed with a cumulative length of about 266 km with a cost of about ₹4,127 crores.
- Nagaland got its second railway station, Shokhuvi station along with the Dhansari-Shokhuvi railway line after a gap of over 100 years. Around 1.5 lakh toilets have been constructed under the Swacch Bharat Gramin Mission and all 1,451 villages are declared ODF.