BJP National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda paid tribute to the brave martyrs of the country on the occasion of Kargil Vijay Diwas symbolizing the courage, valor and devotion to the nation at the party’s central office. On this occasion, he honored the wives of the brave soldiers and the retired brave soldiers of the country.
Here are the Salient Points of his speech:
- Today is the day which makes every India proud. Today is the day to remember and pay rich tributes to our brave soldiers and remember their acts of gallantry and supreme sacrifices. Today we dedicate ourselves in remembering and paying rich tributes to all those brave soldiers who sacrificed their lives to protect the honour of our motherland; it’s a day when we honour them.
- In extremely adverse and challenging conditions in Kargil our brave soldiers wrote the saga of their gallantry and courage. With moist eyes I pay my rich and glowing tributes to all our martyrs to made supreme sacrifices for their country and did not allow our enemies to put their feet on our motherland.
- It is true that defence has nothing to do with politics and they are two separate things; but we also need to understand and realise which leaders and which political parties give most importance to our national security, and with whom taking over the government makes a difference to our national security and safety.
- The Congress party’s stated philosophy and policy has been — “No decision is the best decision”; and when it comes to an deal or project in the national interest then the Congress party’s philosophy is — “No Mission but Commission”. Nationalism is synonyms to the Bharatiya Janata Party. It is our responsibility to preserve and promote our culture of nationalism and nation first.
- By carrying out surgical strikes and air strikes under the leadership of the Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji, we clearly and categorically conveyed to our enemies that India means Business, Business & Business. We we neither show eyes nor lower our eyes, we will have eye to eye talks with our enemies.
- Earlier our defence forces had to wait for days to get permission to launch attack on our enemies. When information and news of any enemy aggression used to reach Delhi, the Central Government used to tell our forces to wait for their nod or wait endlessly for further orders.
- Today when there is the Bharatiya Janata Party government at the Centre led by Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji, our defence forces have been given full freedom and free hand to assess the situation and take appropriate decision without waiting for Delhi. This is the impact of change of government at the Centre. Today we have an effective, responsive and efficient government at the Centre under the leadership of Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji.
- India has seen those days when terrorists used to infiltrate unchecked in our country, used to create terror and then would leave or disappear very conveniently, and we could do nothing against them. But now the scenario has entirely changed. Today a terrorist’s life is very short as they do not live more then 10-12 days.
- It is the Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji who implemented the OROP pension scheme for the defense forces. In 2012-14 our budget for the defence forces was just Rs 1,47,000 crores, which under the Narendra Modi government has gone up to Rs 4,78,000 crores. Today we are moving fast towards massive modernisation of our defence forces which was totally scaled down under the Congress led UPA era.
- Once when Honourable Atal Bihari Vajpayee ji had visited Manali, he had asked me how was the construction work of Atal tunnel was going on . I had replied to him that the progress was very slow. He had then said it was a big burden on his heart and mind. The work of Atal tunnel was completed when the Bharatiya Janata Party government came to power at the Centre under Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji.
- The Narendra Modi government has greatly strengthened our border security and there has been a major upgradation of infrastructure development at our frontiers. During our faceoff with China in the Ladakh region we could mobilize our troops very fast, and the main behind it the massive strengthening of our border infrastructure.
- Leadership makes a difference. During the Kargil war when the then Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was begging before the then American President Bill Clinton to broker ceasefire with India, our Prime Minister Honourable Atal Bihari Vajpayee had outrightly refused to visit the US. Honourable Vajpayee ji had then said our brave soldiers were fighting on our borders, and till the time our soldiers free every inch of our borders from our enemies I cannot leave the country.