Hon’ble PM Shri Narendra Modi addressed a public meeting in Puducherry on March 30, here are the key points of his speech:
- There is something special about Puducherry that keeps bringing me back here again and again. In the long list of non-performing Congress governments over the years, the previous Puducherry Government has a special place. The ‘High Command’ Government of Puducherry failed on all fronts.
- I have had a reasonably long experience in politics. I have seen many elections. But, the Puducherry election 2021 is very unique. Do you know why? Because the sitting chief minister has not been given a ticket. So many years of loyalty. Doing wrong translations to impress his leader. Still, no ticket! This clearly shows how much of a disaster his government has turned out to be.
- Take any sector: Education. Filling of medical seats. Welfare of SC/ ST communities. There was loot and only loot. MLAs belonging to the Congress Party were openly talking about the corruption directly linked to the family of the former Chief Minister.
- I have had a reasonably long experience in politics. I have seen many elections. But, the Puducherry election 2021 is unique. Do you know why? Because the sitting Chief Minister has not been given a ticket. So many years of loyalty. Lifting slippers of his leader. Doing wrong translations to impress his leader. Still, no ticket! This clearly shows how much of a disaster his Government has turned out to be.
- I had shared my vision for Puducherry in one word- BEST. I had said, NDA will work to make Best Puducherry. By Best I mean: Business Hub, Education Hub, Spiritual Hub and Tourism Hub. I see Puducherry playing a key role in the building of an Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
- When I think of Puducherry I think about Bharathiyar. I think about Sri Aurobindo. I think about Sithanda Swamy and Thollaikkathu Siddhar. I bow in reverence to the Manakula Vinayagar Swamy Temple and the Sreemath Guru Sithanandha Swamigal Devasthanam.
- Key schemes of NDA Govt have helped the people of Puducherry About 6 thousand houses have been constructed under the PM Awas Yojana. Nearly eight thousand more houses are being made. Under Smart Cities Mission, works worth Rs. 2000 crore are being invested to transform infrastructure here.
- We shall fulfil your needs. Our track record speaks for itself. Our aim is clear – Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas.