Salient points of Press Conference of Hon’ble Bharatiya Janata Party National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda in Agartala, Tripura
- The Bharatiya Janata Party will once again form its Government in Tripura under the leadership and guidance of our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji. The people of Tripura will again bless us and give two-third majority in the state assembly.
- Earlier the entire Northeast use to suffer due to terrorism, infiltration, bandh and protests, economic blockade, drug trafficking, corruption and caste based tensions. But now the entire Northeast has changed and transformed as our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji has made this region a hub of development, growth, connectivity, IT, sports, foreign and domestic investments and hub of organic agriculture.
- The previous governments of the Left parties and the Congress party in Tripura did nothing for women empowerment, welfare of tribals and growth and progress of our youth. Their governments only promoted terrorism, corruption, infiltration and corruption in the state.
- Under the double engine government of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Tripura is now strongly moving ahead towards peace and prosperity.
- The double engine government of the Bharatiya Janata Party in Tripura has succeeded in ending political killings and violence in the state. There has been remarkable decline in the cases of abduction, rape, dacoity, extortion and overall crime. Political violence has also come to an end.
- Tripura has also taken a giant leap in the area of international connectivity under the Bharatiya Janata Party government. Tripura is fast developing as an important gateway to Southeast Asian countries.
- The Bharatiya Janata Party government in Tripura has taken several steps towards women empowerment. Today women get 33% reservation in all government jobs. Similarly the number of women self help groups have seen a seven times increase. Today over 2.5 lakh people of Tripura are getting the benefits of the Pradhanmantri Awas Yojna.
- Under the Bharatiya Janata Party government the per capita income of the people of Tripura has seen a remarkable 30% increase. Today the average income of the people of Tripura is Rs 1.30 lakh per person per year. Earlier the budget of Tripura used to be just Rs12,600 crore which has now been increased to Rs 27,000 crores under the double engine government of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- The Narendra Modi Government with the assistance of the World Bank has given Rs 1,300 crores to Tripura for tribal welfare. This fund is now being used for improving connectivity and improving the livelihood of our tribal brothers and sisters in the state.
- It is a matter of great pride and honour for every Indian and for every Tribal person that today Smt Draupadi Murmu ji, a Tribal woman who comes from a very poor family, is sitting on the highest Constitutional position of our country.
- It is a matter of great pride and satisfaction that the income of the farmers of Tripura has doubled. The average monthly income of farmers of Tripura used to be Rs 6,500, which has now increased to around Rs 11,000 . Under the Pradhanmantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna over 2.5 lakh farmers of Tripura have so far got Rs 425 crores.
- Similarly there has been a record purchase of rice in MSP in Tripura. So far over 1.30 lakh metric tonnes of rice has been purchased on MSP from the farmers of Tripura and for this the farmers have been given a benefit of Rs 243 crores. Similarly in Tripura the area of irrigated land has increased to 65,000 hectares. All this has happened under the double engine government of the Bharatiya Janata Party in the state.
- Earlier Tripura used to have just one National Highway, but today under the Narendra Modi Government work is presently going on in 6 National Highways which are 542 km long. On this a total of Rs 7000 crores are being spent. This is the commitment of the double engine government of the Bharatiya Janata Party towards the growth, development and progress of Tripura and the Northeast.
- Landless workers of tea gardens are being given land rights and ownership of land by the BJP government in Tripura which is a historic step. Apart from this, children of these landless workers are being given free education, while the BJP government in the state has earmarked Rs 85 crore for the health, housing and electricity of these landless workers of tea gardens in Tripura..
- In Tripura strong foundations have been laid for truce and peace in the state due to agreements with NLFT and Bru Reang and a settlement has been reached with the agreement of all the sections.
- Be it the bye elections or the local bodies elections, in every election the Bharatiya Janata Party has secured historic victories. In the local bodies elections the Bharatiya Janata Party won 329 seats out of 334 for which the elections were held. Which means that the success rate of the Bharatiya Janata Party was as high as 98.50%.
- The double engine government of the Bharatiya Janata Party government led by our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji will take Tripura to the newer and greater heights of growth and development. The Bharatiya Janata Party is committed towards the creation of ‘Ek Tripura – Shrestha Tripura’ and ‘Ek Bharat – Shreshtha Bharat’.