The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi met on 03 June, 2020. Several landmark and historic decisions were taken in the meeting, which will go a long way in helping India’s farmers while also transforming the agriculture sector.
- The Cabinet approved a historic amendment to the Essential Commodities Act. This is a visionary step towards transformation of agriculture and raising farmers’ income.
- Landmark decisions to benefit farmers and transform the agriculture sector taken.
- Regulatory environment liberalized for farmers through amendment to Essential Commodities Act.
- Ordinance to promote barrier-free inter-state and intra-state trade in agriculture produce approved.
- Farmers empowered to engage with processors, aggregators, wholesalers, large retailers, exporters.
- Cabinet approved ‘The Farming Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Ordinance, 2020’.
- It will certainly pave the way for creating One India, One Agriculture Market.