Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 09 July interacted with various NGOs in Varanasi who are providing relief during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
- The PM said that it is a great privilege for all of us that this time God has made us the medium of service to the poor.
- There is an old belief that nobody in Kashi would sleep with hunger as the City is blessed by Maa Annapurna and Baba VIswanath.
- The pace of infection in Uttar Pradesh now has not only been controlled but those who have corona are also recovering fast.
- Efforts are being made to alleviate various hardships being faced by various craftsmen, especially weavers, along with traders and businessmen of Varanasi.
- Various infrastructure and other projects worth 8000 Crore are being implemented at a fast pace.