Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stones of various Highway projects as part of a new Economic Corridor worth about Rs. 20 thousand crore in Haryana on 14 July through webcast. The function was presided over by the Chief Minister of Haryana Shri Manohar Lal.
- Shri Gadkari said these are highways of emerging India, which will bring development in all corners of Haryana.
- Rs. 2, 00000 crore worth of works will be completed in the first two years of this government.
- Travel time from Chandigarh to Delhi Airport to be reduced to half from 4 hrs to 2 hrs.
- Haryana CM Shri Manohar Lal said 29,406 km roads developed in the State in the last five years.
- Shri Gadkari calls upon Haryana CM to join in developing industrial clusters including MSMEs along Delhi Mumbai Expressway.