PM’s Maharashtra visit
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated Atal Bihari Vajpayee Sewri-Nhava Sheva Atal Setu in Navi Mumbai on 12 January, 2024. Shri Modi took a walkthrough of the photo gallery and a showcase model of Atal Setu.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi also inaugurated, dedicated to the nation and laid the foundation stone of multiple development projects worth more than Rs 12,700 crore in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra on the same day.
MTHL Atal Setu has been constructed at the cost of more than Rs 17,840 crores and is about a 21.8 km long 6-lane bridge having about 16.5 km length over the sea and about 5.5 km on the land.
The Prime Minister posted on X: “Delighted to inaugurate Atal Setu, a significant step forward in enhancing the ‘Ease of Living’ for our citizens. This bridge promises to reduce travel time and boost connectivity, making daily commutes smoother.”
The Prime Minister was accompanied by the Governor of Maharashtra, Shri Ramesh Bais, Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Shri Eknath Shinde and Deputy Chief Ministers of Maharashtra, Shri Devendra Fadnavis and Shri Ajit Pawar.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Sewri – Nhava Sheva Atal Setu
• The Prime Minister’s vision is to improve the ‘ease of mobility’ of citizens by strengthening urban transport infrastructure and connectivity.
• In line with this vision, the Mumbai Trans Harbour Link (MTHL), now named ‘Atal Bihari Vajpayee Sewri – Nhava Sheva Atal Setu’ has been built.
• The foundation stone of the bridge was laid by the Prime Minister in December 2016.
• Atal Setu has been constructed at a total cost of more than Rs 17,840 crore.
• It is about a 21.8 km long 6-lane bridge having about 16.5 km length over the sea and about 5.5 km on the land.
• It is the longest bridge in India and also the longest sea bridge in India.
• It will provide faster connectivity to Mumbai International Airport and Navi
Mumbai International Airport and will also reduce the travel time from Mumbai to Pune, Goa and South India. It will also improve connectivity between Mumbai Port & Jawaharlal Nehru Port.
PM lays foundation stone for 8 AMRUT projects worth around Rs. 2,000 crores in Solapur, Maharashtra
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of 8 AMRUT (Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation) projects worth around Rs. 2,000 crores in Solapur, Maharashtra. Shri Modi dedicated to the nation more than 90,000 houses completed under PMAY-Urban in Maharashtra and 15,000 houses of Raynagar Housing Society in Solapur, whose beneficiaries comprise thousands of handloom workers, vendors, power loom workers, rag pickers, Bidi workers, drivers, among others. He also initiated the distribution of 1st and 2nd instalments to 10,000 beneficiaries of PM-SVANIDHI in Maharashtra during the programme.
Addressing the gathering, the Prime Minister said that the nation is in a mood for bhakti with the Pran Pratishtha at the Ram Temple at Ayodhya Dham on 22nd January. He congratulated the people of the region and entire Maharashtra on the projects that were launched today. He credited the hard work of the people of Maharashtra and the progressive state government’s efforts for the glory of Maharashtra.