During the ‘Sewa Pakhwada’ that ended on October 2, BJP karyakarts enthusiastically ensured their participation in various events which mainly included blood donation camps, free health check-up camps, providing artificial limbs and equipment to the divyang persons and adoption of TB patients
BJP National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda launched ‘Sewa Pakhwada’ on September 17, the birthday of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, under which the party organised various sewa programmes across the country. During the ‘Sewa Pakhwada’ that ended on October 2, BJP karyakarts enthusiastically ensured their participation in various events held during the pakhwada, which mainly included blood donation camps, free health check-up camps, providing artificial limbs and equipment to the divyang persons and adoption of TB patients. Under constructive seva karya, cleanliness campaign, plantation drive, dialogue for water conservation and ‘Vocal for Local’ campaigns were carried out at district and mandal level. In addition to this, a number of locations hosted photo exhibitions tracing Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s life journey.
During Sewa Pakhwada, blood donation camps were organised at 2,572 places across the country, in which 1,84,421 units of blood were collected. Talking about health check-up camps, a total of 5,520 such camps were organized, in which 6,00,733 persons were examined free of cost. At the same time, 25,834 TB patients were
Key Points of Sewa Pakhwada
• The maximum number of 2,93,047 greeting letters were sent to the Prime Minister from Uttar Pradesh.
• The highest number of blood units collected in the blood donation camps conducted in the country was from Rajasthan with 32,864 units, followed by Gujarat with 26,553 units, Uttar Pradesh with 24,410 units, and Karnataka with 17,758 units.
• A maximum of 15,32,146 saplings were planted in Madhya Pradesh.
• Hemoglobin checkup of 74,248 girls (age 12–20) was done at 743 places in Gujarat and 2,500 Mahila Morcha workers of the state cleaned 66 kms of seashore.
• A total of 9,946 TB patients were adopted in Uttar Pradesh.
• Under Swachhata Abhiyan, a total of 3,24,113 BJP karyakarts bestow their efforts in various service works across the country.
• ‘Unity in Diversity’ programmes were organised at 273 places in Rajasthan and 168 in Karnataka.
• Under Sewa Pakhwada, a digital exhibition based on the personality and work of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi was published on the social media pages of 32 states.
adopted by party karyakarts under this ambitious program of the party. The karyakarts will take care of the needs of these patients during the coming year and will make every effort to meet them. During the sewa karyakram, the party karyakarts visited a total of 2,78,552 immunisation centres and performed Sewa Karya there.
Programs were also organised for the Diyvang persons at 476 places, in which 48,646 persons with disabilities were provided with artificial limbs and other useful devices.
Constructive Sewa Karyakram
Taking forward the dream of ‘Clean India’ of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, party karyakarts carried out a cleanliness drive at a total of 21,738 sites. During the drive 8,241 lakes were cleaned and 3,24,113 karyakarts bestowed their efforts to make the cleanliness campaign a success. To increase awareness about the environment, party karyakarts planted a total of 23,81,070 saplings and 4,86,290 planters were appointed for their protection. Apart from this, party karyakarts visited 9,63,067 houses to create awareness about water conservation, interacted with the people and made citizens aware of the benefits of water conservation.
Giving impetus to constructive sewa karyakram, programmes like ‘Unity in Diversity’ were celebrated at 1,253 places. Promoting the Prime Minister’s effort, ‘Vocal for Local” to make the country self-reliant, 53,760 office bearers of the party purchased local products at the district/mandal level.
Exhibitions and other events
Across the country, 1,777 exhibitions were organised giving a glimpse of the personality and work of the Prime Minister, during which the presence of 8,09,535 people was recorded in these exhibitions. In order to make the famous book, Modi @ 20—based on the life of the Prime Minister easily accessible to the citizens, stalls for this book were set up at 1,374 places across the country. During the Sewa Pakhwada, 2,462 intellectual conferences were organised and 1,68,846 intellectuals presented their views in these conferences. During the entire sewa pakhwada, a total of 8,36,875 greetings and congratulatory messages were sent to the Prime Minister from across the country.
(Based on the Data received from various states as on 08 October, 2022)