MANN KI BAAT
In the 96th episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat’ on December 25, 2022, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi stated that observing the past always provides inspiration for preparations for the present and future. He termed 2022’s various successes as having created a special place for India all over the world. For our esteemed readers, we are publishing highlights from the address:
• Observation of the past always gives us inspiration for preparations for the present and the future. In 2022, the strength of the people of the country, their cooperation, their resolve, their expansion of success was of such magnitude that it would be difficult to include all of those in ‘Mann Ki Baat’. 2022 has indeed been very inspiring, wonderful in many ways. This year India completed 75 years of her independence and this very year Amritkal commenced.
• This year India has also got the responsibility of chairing the G-20 group. I had also discussed this in detail last time. In the year 2023, we have to take the enthusiasm of G-20 to new heights; make this event a mass movement.
• In today’s era, the more evidence-based Indian medical systems are, the more their acceptance will increase in the whole world. With this thought, an effort is also being made in Delhi’s AIIMS. Here, the Center for Integrative Medicine and Research was established six years ago to validate our traditional medical practices. Latest Modern Techniques and Research Methods are used in this.
• The various successes of 2022, have created a special place for India all over the world.
• 2022 i.e. India attaining the status of the world’s fifth largest economy;
• 2022, i.e. the record of India surpassing the incredible figure of 220 crore vaccines;
• 2022,i.e. India crossing the magical exports figure of 400 billion dollars;
• 2022, i.e. adopting the resolution of ‘Self-reliant India’ by the people, enliving it; 2022 meaning welcoming India’s first indigenous Aircraft Carrier INS Vikrant
• 2022 meaning India’s glory in Space, Drone and Defence Sector, 2022 meaning India’s might in every field
• Even in the field of sports, be it the Commonwealth Games, or the victory of our women’s hockey team, our youth have shown tremendous potential.
• Along with all this, the year 2022 will always be remembered for one more reason. This is the extension of the spirit of ‘Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat’.
• Today, I would like to tell the listeners of ‘Mann Ki Baat’ about another challenge, which is now about to end. This challenge, this disease is ‘Kala Azar’. The parasite of this disease is spread through the sting of the sand fly. When someone has ‘Kala Azar’, one has fever for months, there is anemia, the body becomes weak and the weight also decreases. This disease can happen to anyone from children to elders. But with everyone’s efforts, this disease named ‘Kala Azar’ is now getting eradicated rapidly. Till recently, the scourge of Kala-azar had spread in more than 50 districts across 4 states. But now this disease is confined to only 4 districts of Bihar and
Our tradition and culture have an unbreakable connection with Ma Ganga. Ganga water has been an integral part of our way of life
Jharkhand. I am sure, the strength and awareness of the people of Bihar-Jharkhand will help the government’s efforts to eliminate ‘Kala Azar’ from these four districts as well. I also urge the people of ‘Kala Azar’ affected areas to keep two things in mind. One is – control of sand fly, and second, diagnosis and complete treatment of this disease as soon as possible.
• My dear countrymen, our tradition and culture have an unbreakable connection with Ma Ganga. Ganga water has been an integral part of our way of life.
• The biggest source of energy behind the ‘Namami Gange’ campaign is the continuous participation of the people. In the ‘NamamiGange’ campaign, Ganga Praharis and Ganga Doots also have a big role to play. They are engaged in spreading awareness through planting trees, cleaning ghats, Ganga Aarti, street plays, painting and poems. A lot of improvement is also being seen in Biodiversity due to this campaign.
• I am happy that the ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’ has become firmly rooted in the mind of every Indian today. Since the inception of this mass movement in the year 2014, to take it to new heights, many unique efforts have been made by the people.