The 16th meeting of the high-level Group of Ministers on COVID-19 was chaired by Union Minister of Health Dr. Harsh Vardhan on 09 June. Dr. Vardhan reminded everybody to download the Aarogya Setu app which will help in self risk assessment and in protection against COVID-19.
- GoM was informed that as of 9th June 2020, the COVID related health infrastructure has been strengthened with the availability of 958 dedicated COVID HOSPITALS with 1,67,883 isolation, 21,614 ICU and 73,469 oxygen supported beds.
- 2,313 dedicated COVID HEALTH CENTRES with 1,33,037 Isolation beds; 10,748 ICU beds and 46,635 oxygen supported beds have also been operationalized.
- The Centre has also provided 128.48 lakh N95 masks and 104.74 lakh PPEs to the States. The Centre has further placed an order of 60,848 ventilators.
- ICMR’s testing capacity has increased through 553 government and 231 private laboratories (total of 784 labs).
- More than 49 lakh cumulative tests have been conducted in the country, as on date. Also, 1,41,682 samples have been tested in the last 24 hrs.