PM Shri Narendra Modi spoke over phone on 23 May with the President of Sri Lanka Mr. Gotabaya Rajapaksa regarding COVID-19 pandemic and its likely health and economic impacts in the region.
- Shri Modi conveyed his best wishes for the health and wellbeing of the Sri Lankan people and assured all possible support.
- President Rajapaksa briefed on the steps taken by his Government to restart economic activity.
- Both leaders agreed on the need to accelerate Indian-assisted development projects in Sri Lanka.
- PM Shri Narendra Modi had also a telephonic conversation with PM of Mauritius Mr. Pravind Jugnauth on 23 May.
- PM Jugnauth conveyed his condolences for the losses caused in India by Cyclone Amphan.
- He thanked PM Modi for sending the Indian Naval Ship with a consignment of medicines and a 14-member medical team to help Mauritian to fight the pandemic.