The BJP National President Shri JP Nadda in a two-day visit to Himachal Pradesh arrived in Kangra on 22 April, 2022 and attended a number of public programmes, including a road show and a massive rally in Nagrota Bagwan, Kangra. The BJP National President received a grand welcome by thousands of party Karyakartas, common people and BJP leaders on his arrival to Kangra.
Addressing a huge rally after the road show, Shri JP Nadda said the Bharatiya Janata Party is synonymous to development and progress.
PROMOTING NATIONALISM AND NATIONAL INTEGRATION
Shri Nadda said Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi is the real ‘Vikas Purush’ under whose guidance and leadership the nation is progressing fast in every field and the Jairam Thakur government in Himachal Pradesh is giving its best contribution in this journey of growth and development.
He said the double engine government of the Bharatiya Janata Party under the leadership and guidance of Shri Narendra Modi is giving a pro- active, pro- people and pro – responsive government which is accountable to the people of the country, which is promoting nationalism and national integration, which is highly committed to the welfare of the people and for growth, development, progress and prosperity of the nation.
CONGRESS PARTY BETRAYED HIMACHAL AND ITS PEOPLE
Shri Nadda said the Congress party has always betrayed Himachal Pradesh and its people; the Congress party has always given step motherly treatment to Himachal Pradesh. On the other hand the Bharatiya Janata Party has always protected the rights of Himachal Pradesh and its people. The Bharatiya Janata Party has always done extra for the development, progress and growth of the state and its people.
The then Congress government under Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi had withdrawn the special category status given to Himachal Pradesh. The Congress party did not stop at that, the Congress government under Sonia – Manmohan Singh did injustice to Himachal Pradesh when it reduced the Union government share in the centrally sponsored projects to bring it down to fund sharing formula at 50:50 thus putting extra burden on the state.
PM MODI AGAIN RESTORED THE SPECIAL CATEGORY STATUS
Hon’ble Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee had given industrial package to Himachal Pradesh for 10 years, but when the UPA government under the Congress party came to power it stopped the special package in its 8th year.
However, Shri Nadda said Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi again restored the special category status given to Himachal Pradesh without any demand from the state government. Shri Modi even implemented the 90:10 ratio formula of fund sharing in the centrally sponsored projects thus giving relief to the state government and giving extra funds to Himachal Pradesh.
MASSIVE DEVELOPMENT WORK UNDER BJP
He said under the Bharatiya Janata Party government led by Shri Narendra Modi Kol Dam was constructed, while work started in Luhri and Renuka Dam projects and Atal Tunnel project which was stalled by the Congress party led UPA government was also completed under Shri Modi. Two other major projects which are currently under construction in Himachal Pradesh under the Narendra Modi Government are Indian Institute of Management and AIIMS.
Ujwala Yojna, Saubhagya Yojna, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Ujala Yojna, Jan Dhan Yojna etc. have ensured women empowerment under the Narendra Modi Government. Even the World Bank report has said that under the Narendra Modi Government overall poverty has come down which includes decline of 12.3% in extreme poverty, Shri Nadda added.
He further said under the Smart City Project the Narendra Modi Government has implemented the 90:10 formula of fund sharing where the Union government is sharing maximum fund while very less financial burden is being passed on to the state government. The Narendra Modi Government has given Rs 450 crores to Himachal Pradesh while the state government has to just pay Rs 50 crore as its share. Under the Bharatiya Janata Party government major renovation and restoration works are going on in Mata Chamunda Devi and Mata Brijeswari temples in the state.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SPEECH
• The massive victory of BJP, under Shri Narendra Modi in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa and Manipur has proven that the people have shunned politics of casteism, communalism, appeasement and dynasty politics.
• The people are firmly behind the party which is for development, growth, nationalism and does welfare of the poorest of the poor.
• The Bharatiya Janata Party has formed its government in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa and Manipur and now with the blessings and support of the people we are once again going form our governments in Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat.
• In these two states also the Bharatiya Janata Party, under the leadership and guidance of Shri Modi, will form its governments, the lotus will bloom once again.
• During the Corona pandemic over 135 crore got free vaccination by the Narendra Modi Government and protected the country and showed the world how to manage and fight the global medical crisis.
• Prime Minister gave free rations to over 80 crore poor and needy people across the country under the Pradhan Mantri Gareeb Kalyan Anna Yojna so that not a single person should sleep empty stomach.
• Himachal Pradesh is top state in Covid vaccination drive in both dosages. And for this I thank and congratulate Himachal Pradesh CM Shri Jairam Thakur, all health and paramedical staff and state government employees to make this happen.
• Total vaccination in remotest locations of the Himalayan state is a highly commendable job done under the double engine government of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
• Narendra Modi Government brought back 2,300 students from war hit Ukraine, of these 426 students were from Himachal Pradesh.