BJP National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda released the BJP ‘Praja Pranalike’ (Vision Document) for Karnataka Assembly elections on 01 May, 2023. Senior BJP leader and BJP Parliamentary Board Member Shri B.S. Yediyurappa, Karnataka CM Shri Basavaraj Bommai along with other senior BJP leaders were also present in this programme.
Addressing on the occasion the BJP National President said the Vision Document for Karnataka has not been formulated sitting in an Air-conditioned room, rather a due exercise has been done; a great amount of toil and perseverance by our workers who visited every nook and corner of the States got suggestions and connected to lakhs of the households before this content was created.
Praising the achievements in the Agriculture sector of the BJP Government in Karnataka, Shri Nadda said we have increased the MSP of Tur dal by 53%, Ragi by 138%, paddy by 56% and cotton by 60%. We will double the income of farmers by 2027 through holistic development of the primary sector.
Talking about achievements in Inclusive Development, the BJP National President said, we have increased the existing quota of reservation for SCs and STs by 2% and 4%, respectively and also introduced internal reservation for SCs. SC Right-5.50%, SC Left – 6%, SC (Banjara, Bhovi, Koracha & Korama)- 4.50% and other Dalits 1%. We have declared 3,526 unrecorded Lambani thandas and Kuruba hattis in the state as new revenue villages and hakku patras were provided to over 1.75 lakh beneficiaries by the Double Engine Government.
Talking about the positive changes brought in the health sector by the BJP government in Karnataka, Shri Nadda said that we are setting up 438 Nemma Clinics in cities, giving a big boost to urban healthcare. We have issued health cards to 1.38 crore people in the state under Ayushman Bharat-Arogya Karnataka. We have established 4 new medical colleges in Chikkamagaluru, Haveri Yadgir and Chikkaballapura.
Talking about rural development, Shri Nadda said that we have provided electricity connections for 2.35 lakh households in rural areas under the Belaku Scheme at a cost of 124 crore. We have built nearly 10,000 km of rural roads between 2019 and 2022 under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana. We have released a total of over Rs.22,510 crore to provide 100 days of guaranteed employment between 2019-22 under MGNREGA. This helped generate an average of 43 lakh person days under the program.
Women Empowerment and Child care
Talking about achievements in Women Empowerment and Child care sector, Shri Nadda said that we have released 37 lakh free LPG connections under the Ujjwala Yojana in the State. We have allocated Rs.1,000 crore to provide free bus passes to 30 lakh women working in the organised sector, and 2350 crore to provide free bus passes to girl students under the Vidya Vahini scheme in the state budget of 2023-24. We have supported over 19.5 lakh pregnant women in Karnataka under Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana We have instituted a fund of 2500 crore under the Amruth Self Help Micro Enterprises Project benefitting 3.9 lakh women.
Shri Nadda separately laid the vision for Bengaluru, Central Karnataka, Kittur Karnataka, Kalyan Karnataka, Coastal Karnataka and the rest of Karnataka. He said the party Vision Document is centered around Six themes: 1) Food Security 2) Quality Education 3) Affordable and Accessible Healthcare 4) Assured Income Support 5) Social Justice for All 6) Development, Prosperity for All.
BJP ‘Praja Pranalike’ for Karnataka released
Key Announcements of the BJP Praja Pranalike 2023
Quoting the major announcements of BJP’s Praja Pranalike (Vision Document), Shri Nadda said
• We will provide 3 free cooking gas cylinders to all BPL families annually; one each during the months of Yugadi, Ganesh Chaturthi and Diwali.
• Will set up an ‘Atal Aahara Kendra’ in every ward of every municipal corporation in the state to provide affordable, quality and healthy food across the state.
• Will launch the ‘Poshane’ scheme through which every BPL household will be provided with half-litre Nandini milk every day and 5 kg Shri Anna – Siri Dhanya through monthly ration kits.
• Will implement the Uniform Civil Code (UCC) in Karnataka based on the recommendations given by a high-level committee which is to be constituted for the purpose.
• We will launch ‘Sarvarigu Suru Yojane’ under which the Revenue Department will identify and distribute 10 lakh housing sites across the state to the site less/homeless beneficiaries.
• Continuing key announcements, BJP National President said that we will launch the “Onake Obavva Samajika Nyaya Nidhi” scheme through which we will provide a matching deposit up to 10,000 on 5-year fixed deposits made under the scheme by women of SC, ST households.
• We will improve the “ease of living” of apartment dwellers in Bengaluru by constituting the Karnataka Residents’ Welfare Consultative Committee to reform the Karnataka Apartment Ownership Act, 1972 and to modernise the grievance redressal mechanism.
• We will introduce the Visvesvaraya Vidya Yojane under which the state government will partner with eminent individuals and institutions for holistic upgradation of government schools to top-class standards.
• Shri Nadda said the BJP govt of Karnataka will launch ‘Samanvaya Yojane’ which will drive collaborations between SMEs and ITIs, generating a dynamic ecosystem of education and employment for talented young professionals.
• We will provide career support for aspirational youth by providing financial incentives for students to pursue coaching for IAS/KAS/ Banking/Government jobs.
• We will strengthen the public healthcare infrastructure in the state through ‘Mission Swasthya Karnataka’ by establishing one Namma clinic, equipped with diagnostic facilities, in every ward of municipal corporations.
• Additionally, we will also provide a free annual master health check-up for senior citizens.
• We will develop Bengaluru for the next generation by designating it as ‘State Capital Region’, and executing a comprehensive, technology-led city development program centered around Ease of Life, cohesive transportation networks and enabling ecosystems for making Bengaluru a Global Hub of Digital Innovation.
• We will transform Karnataka into a premier hub of Electric Vehicles, by setting up charging stations, supporting 1,000 startups, converting BMTC buses into fully electric buses, and creating an “EV City” on the outskirts of Bengaluru.
• Shri Nadda said that we will set up a 230,000 crore K-Agri Fund to establish micro-cold storage facilities, agro-processing units in all GPS, undertake modernisation and digitisation of APMCs, accelerate farm mechanisation and establish 5 new Agro-Industry clusters and 3 new Food Processing Parks.
• We will allocate 21,500 crore to develop the Kalyana Circuit, Banavasi Circuit, Parashurama Circuit, Kaveri Circuit and Ganagapura Corridor, to transform Karnataka into India’s most favoured tourist destination.
• We will broaden the scope of the Production Linked Incentive Scheme by incorporating a comprehensive plan that encompasses logistics, industrial clusters, connectivity, and export facilities generating 10 lakh manufacturing jobs ‘Beyond Bengaluru’.