Salient points of press conference of BJP National Spokesperson Dr Sambit Patra:
- It is very strange that Arvind Kejriwal and Rahul Gandhi say one thing before the courts and another on TVs and social media. Not one State government has said that deaths during the Corona pandemic happened due to lack of oxygen supply. Be it the issue of Corona pandemic or the issue of vaccine, Rahul Gandhi acted as a troll on Twitter by spreading fake news and lies and always tried to mislead people.
- Not one State has said that the deaths happened due to shortage of medical oxygen supply. The Opposition parties are trying to play politics over the issue. Both Rahul Gandhi and Arvind Kejriwal have adopted double standards over the issue and tried to play their petty politics over deaths due to Corona.
- Whatever the Union Minister has put up before Parliament it is all based on reports and data shared by the state governments. The Central Government does not generate any data. The Central Government statement before Parliament was based on information provided by the state governments. The Opposition parties are unnecessarily doing politics on the issue. The Opposition parties lack sensibility and are behaving in a very irresponsible manner.
- Yesterday in Parliament, a question was raised on the issue of shortage of oxygen. The reply by the Central Government has three very important aspects.
- First, health is purely a state subject. Second, the Central Government only compiles and analyses data sent to it by state governments. Third, the Central Government just issued guidelines to the state governments on how to collect and report data related to the Corona pandemic including deaths.
- Not a single state government has shared figures or details of deaths due to lack of oxygen supply. None has said that in their states there were deaths due to shortage of oxygen supply. Therefore there is no figure or details. Has the Central Government prepared this data? No, all this data and figures have been sent by the state governments.
- Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia should say that in its report to the Central Government, has the Delhi government mentioned anywhere the number of deaths that took place due to the shortage of medical oxygen? A committee of the Delhi government has told the High Court that they have no proof or evidence that the 21 deaths which took place in the Jaipur Golden Hospital on the nights of April 23 and 24 were because of shortage of oxygen supply.
- The Maharashtra government has already told the Mumbai High Court that no one died in the state due to lack of oxygen supply. Similarly, even the Congress ruled Chhattisgarh Government is also saying that no one died in the state because of shortage of medical oxygen supply. Instead of telling white lies on Twitter, Rahul Gandhi should talk to Chief Ministers of the Congress ruled states and ask them to pull their socks up.
- During the second wave of the Corona pandemic the Opposition party ruled states raised the issue of deaths due to shortage of medical oxygen with the sole motive of defaming the Narendra Modi government. But before the courts their submission was entirely opposite and different. This clearly proves that the Opposition parties were least bothered about the pandemic and providing relief to patients and their sole aim was to play politics on the entire situation.