Bharatiya Janata Party National Office Bearers meet was held on 21 February, 2021 at the NDMC Center in New Delhi. BJP National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda presided over the meeting. It was attended by party’s national office bearers, in-charge of the states, national presidents of all Morchas, state BJP presidents of all the states and state general secretaries (organization). On this occasion, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the program and guided the party’s national functionaries.
The inauguration of the program began with the lighting of the lamp by PM Shri Narendra Modi and National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda. This was followed by the national song ‘Vande Mataram’. All the participants paid homage to the victims of Covid-19 epidemic.
Delhi Pradesh BJP President Shri Adesh Gupta welcomed the Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi while Chairman of SC Morcha Shri Lal Singh Arya welcomed the BJP National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda. A political resolution was also passed in this meeting. BJP National Vice-President and former Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh Shri Raman Singh presented the Political Resolution while Haryana BJP President Shri Om Prakash Dhankar seconded it. After this, all the party officials present in the meeting passed the Political Resolution in unison.
The Political Resolution passed in the National Office Bearers Meet, thanked Shri Narendra Modi for being a vigilant, sensitive, determined and visionary Prime Minister.
The political resolution expressed gratitude to the Prime Minister for preparing the country for a decisive battle against Covid-19 and guiding the whole world during this period by adopting the policy of ‘Vasudhaiv Kutumbakam’.
The resolution highlighted how in the Corona crisis, the Prime Minister not only cared for about 80 crore people of the country but also accelerated the economic growth through several economic packages and ‘Self-reliant India’ campaign. On one hand, Prime Minister Shri Modi arranged free ration for about eight crore people of the country for about eight months and on the other hand he also started the employment programme for migrant labourers.
The Garib Kalyan package during the Covid 19 lockdown ensured that no one in the country would go to bed hungry. During this period, 1,500 rupees were deposited in three installments in the accounts of 20 crore women Jan Dhan account holders, while the elderly, widows and the disabled were also given financial assistance of Rs 1,000. Also, two installments of ‘Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi’ were also transferred to the accounts of about eight crore farmers of the country. Three, free gas cylinders were also provided to more than eight crore poor women.
The Political Resolution thanked the Prime Minister for passing the Agricultural Reform Laws in Parliament for the benefit of farmers and said that these reforms will not only help in increasing the income of farmers but also in making them self-reliant.
The proposal also outlined in details the Self-Reliant India Campaign, Vocal for Local and Comprehensive Achievement in the field of Medical Infrastructure, Merger of Banks, Implementation of Labour Laws, Swamitva Yojana, Budget Announcements and Allocation of One Lakh Crore for Agricultural Infrastructure.
In the Political Resolution, PM Shri Narendra Modi was specially thanked for the biggest vaccination campaign in the world. In just 34 days under the leadership of Shri Narendra Modi, India has set a world record by immunizing more than one crore people. Not only this, India has presented a unique example of service to humanity by providing vaccine to many countries of the world in this hour of crisis which is being widely appreciated all over the world. The Resolution heartily congratulated the Prime Minister for this. The Resolution also expresses gratitude to the Prime Minister for successful and visionary foreign policy.
The popularity and credibility of a political party is considered to be a great blessing. Therefore, in the resolution the Prime Minister was warmly congratulated and thanked for party’s success in last one year.
The resolution outlined the victory in the Bihar Assembly elections and BJP’s spectacular performance in the DDC elections held in Jammu and Kashmir and the Ladakh Hill Development Council election. Along with this, party thanked the people for giving historic mandate to BJP in elections ranging from local body in Rajasthan, Arunachal Pradesh, Goa to Bodo Territorial Council and Greater Hyderabad Municipal Council. The BJP also expressed gratitude to the people for the splendid success achieved by the BJP in the Assembly by-elections of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, Manipur and Karnataka.
The resolution also said that during the Corona Pandemic the opposition, especially the Congress, tried to create unnecessary fear in the country on the basis of lies and confusion, but their every attempt failed completely. It also said that the Congress party only does cheap politics. The Congress could not implement GST during its tenure but when BJP government implemented it, they are opposing it. Similarly, Congress talked about agricultural reforms in its election manifesto but when the Modi government implemented agricultural reforms for the welfare of farmers, the Congress party started misleading the farmers. When we talked about the construction of Shri Ram Temple, the Congress used to raise a variety of questions, but today when the grand Shri Ram Temple is going to be built, the Congress is silent. We have taken forward the topic of national unity like Article 370, but it has become a habit of Congress to oppose every subject and even to play with the health of the people. Opposition to vaccination is also indicative of the prejudice of Congress. The Congress seems to have gone into darkness due to the eclipse of opposition.
It said all the office bearers and Karyakartas of the party believe that under the visionary leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, the Bharatiya Janata Party government at the Center worked to implement all the steps taken for the service of humanity. Under the leadership of Prime Minister, every party Karyakarta is ready to work for the expansion of the party, carrying forward the resolution of ‘Seva Hi Sangathan’.
In the meeting, issues like Agricultural Reforms, Self-Reliant India Campaign, assembly elections to be held in five states and the party’s organizational functions were discussed. The meeting also discussed the expansion plan in Himachal Pradesh and the plan to expand the party to Mandal level in Karnataka through new programs in Karnataka.
All the party Karyakartas must work for ‘Nation First’: PM
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in his inaugural address said that the mission of Bharatiya Janata Party is not just to gain power but always to serve the country. He said for the purpose of serving the country, the organization should also develop its quality accordingly.
The Prime Minister said “Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas and Sabka Vishwas” is the basic mantra of the Bharatiya Janata Party and taking this basic mantra forward the Central Government and the BJP State Governments functions. For this mantra, today there is a positive environment created for the development of the country.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi said, “All the party Karyakartas should go ahead to expand the party organization and must work for “Nation First.”
t @Narendra Modi
Attended a meeting of @BJP4India leaders. We had extensive discussions on the good governance agenda of the Party and ways to further increase the connect with people in the times to come.
CARRY FORWARD THE WORK OF ORGANIZATION WITH ENERGY: JP NADDA
BJP National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda while addressing the meet, called upon all party Karyakartas to carry forward the work of the organization with energy. The National President called upon all Karyakartas to launch a comprehensive nationwide campaign for ‘Self-reliant India’. He said, during this programme the Karyakartas must create awareness in the masses for the ‘Vocal for Local’ and to purchase Swadeshi products. The Party Karyakartas will also take up awareness campaigns for Startups among the youth and support farmers by making them aware about Farmers Producers Organizations (FPOs).
He said the party is also going to take up the subject of increasing the livelihood of the people in tribal areas as a campaign. Party Karyakartas should also take it forward in a mission mode.
Shri Nadda said an important campaign of nutrition is being carried out by the Modi government, to make this campaign a success, the party workers, especially the Mahila Morcha workers, should work by increasing their activity to the bottom. It is also decided that party will carry out all the programs that it has taken up on its Foundation Day.
He also informed that on the occasion of Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar’s Birth Anniversary on April 14, the party will take his message to every booth and Mandal level. Shri Nadda said the subjects discussed in the party’s National Office Bearer Meet and the outlines for the upcoming programs will be discussed in the coming 15 days at the State level, District level and Mandal level and an action plan will be prepared.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE POLITICAL RESOLUTION
India not only defeated Covid under the able, sensitive, committed and visionary leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, but also infused in all its citizens the confidence to build an ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’.
• The party unequivocally hails his leadership for introducing India to the world as a proud and victorious nation in the fight against Covid.
• In March 2020, when Covid cases started being reported in India, the Central government under the leadership of Shri Narendra Modi took the far-sighted and humanitarian decision to impose a ‘complete nationwide lockdown’ on March 24.
• India decided to place ‘safety of humanity’ before everything else.
• The Modi government took important steps in the form of ‘Mini Budgets’ as a result of which the country managed to quickly pull itself out of such umpteen challenges.
• The party applauds its leadership which announced a ‘Gareeb Kalyan package’ of Rs 1.70 lakh crore within 48 hours of the imposition of the lockdown.
• Under the package, the government announced that 80 crore people in the country would get free ration and pulses throughout the pandemic.
• Eight crore families were provided three free gas cylinders each.
• Three installments of Rs 500 each were transferred into the accounts of 20 crore women Jan Dhan account holders.
• Divyangs, women and elderly were given Rs 1,000 each during the lockdown as financial assistance, while farmers were given two installments of Kisan Samman Nidhi.
• In June 2020, to provide employment to migrant workers, Garib Kalyan RojgarAbhiyaan was kick-started.
• A separate allocation of Rs 1 lakh crore was made for farm infrastructure.
• On the other hand, despite the sudden need for healthcare equipment, PPE kits, testing kits, masks, oxygen cylinder, ventilator etc, a shortage of the same was never felt.
• The country upped its testing capacity in a very limited time. Today, our testing capacity stands at 15 lakh/per day.
Sense of collectivity, belief in leadership
• The party profusely lauds the 130 crore Indians for their patience, cooperation, dedication and showing unprecedented courage by reposing faith in their leadership of Prime Minister Modi in the fight against the pandemic.
• The appeals and activities like clapping and clanging thalis as a token of appreciation and respect for Corona Warriors, lighting candles and diyas at 9pm for 9 minutes, and showering flowers over hospitals inspired a feeling of solidarity among people.
• The steps taken by Prime Minister Modi in communicating directly with the people during these times are inspirational.
• While there was continuous communication with people through timely TV addresses and the regular radio programme Mann Ki Baat, there was also a regular dialogue with states on the Covid situation.
The commitment to service
• When the opportunity to serve mankind arose amid the difficult times, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi gave inspiration for ‘Seva Hi Sangathan’ laying the ‘Seven S’ mantra.
• Inspired by this mantra, lakhs of dedicated party workers presented a wonderful example of service under the leadership and organisational guidance of BJP President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda.
• The seven S, service (sevabhav), balance (santulan), patience (sanyam), coordination (samanvay), positivity (sakaratmakta), goodwill (saddbhawna), dialogue (samwad), were the mantras carrying which, BJP workers selflessly reached out to help the needy.
• BJP workers reached out to every section and every locality of the society with the resolve to serve people.
• By July 8, under ‘Seva Hi Sangathan’, BJP workers served food to over 22 crore people, made and distributed more than 4.5 crore face masks, over 5.40 lakh workers dedicated themselves to the service of the elderly.
The mantra of Aatmanirbhar Bharat
• By presenting the resolve of building an Aatmanirbhar Bharat ahead of an India emerging from the pandemic, the Prime Minister has set new limits for the country’s self empowerment.
• In May, there definitely were talks of a new economic package. But at that time nobody imagined the package would be a gigantic Rs 20 lakh crore. This ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ package, which touched upon all dimensions of the country’s basic structure, had provisions for all aspects including the economy, infrastructure, system, demography and demand.
• It is only because of the impact of the PM’s messaging that the country is increasingly becoming ‘vocal for local’.
• This can be considered an encouraging sign for an Aatmanirbhar Bharat in the new decade.
• The Prime Minister’s leadership must be commended for bringing Atmanirbharta to the centre of the debate in the country and making the world aware of it in such a short span of time.
• The country is steadily advancing in the direction of complete triumph over Covid.
• In July 2020, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi laid out the plan for vaccine distribution for all Indians on the basis of priority categories so that every citizen feels safe from scourge of the pandemic.
• It is because of this that the world’s largest vaccination drive started on January 16 by the Prime Minister has already covered 1 crore (98,46,523 on February 18) people.
• There is a huge demand for India’s vaccines across the world. India has emerged as the top vaccine exporter in the world.
• In Budget 2021-22, the government made an allocation of Rs 35,000 crore for the vaccination drive.
Reformative Steps Inspired by Strong Willpower
Under the leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, many legislative reforms have taken place.
Farm laws, New Education Policy, Ownership Scheme, merger of Public Sector Banks, curb on financial irregularities are among the reformative steps undertaken by the government.
1. Labour law reforms
• During the pandemic, as the global market was undergoing major churns, to attract investments, India decided to use the time as an opportunity to introduce long-pending labour law reforms.
• The party congratulates the Modi government for the successful passage of three legislations in labour laws.
• The reforms will open opportunities in India for investment and employment.
2. Farm reforms – Farmer Welfare
• The government brought in three Farm Laws in the interest of farmers to ensure they get the right price for their produce, their farm income doubles and that they have the freedom to sell their farm produce where they want to.
• The Congress along with some other parties and people is trying to mislead the farmers about the farm laws.
• BJP believes that the laws were necessary for the welfare of India’s farmers and had been in demand for a long time.
3. ‘Svamitva’ Scheme on Property Cards
• Under an ambitious scheme envisaged by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, the ‘record of rights’ is being provided to village household owners in rural areas by issuing property cards.
4. New Education Policy
• Ushering in the long-awaited changes to the India’s education policy, the Modi government on July 29, 2020, approved the New Education Policy.
• The policy emphasizes on uniform school education access for all – from pre-school to secondary level.
Comprehensive and all-inclusive Budget
• The government has presented a Budget for the new financial year which outlines the path for the country to surge ahead with a strong structural foundation.
• This Budget lays a solid foundation for building an Atmanirbhar Bharat.
• Budget 2021-22 presents the resolve to comprehend the country’s healthcare infrastructure and prepare it for any future challenge in a new way.
• The Budget expresses the commitment to double farmer income, ensure an MSP which is 1.5 times the input cost for farmers.
• The Budget carries the resolve to reach newer heights in the development of basic infrastructure and creating new employment opportunities.
• The Budget ensures strengthening of defence to security and provides robustness to the country’s economic foundations.
• The Budget shows the will to enlarge employment opportunities for the youth.
• The Budget makes the intention to work for the welfare of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and ensure their educational upliftment very clear.
• The Budget includes provisions to expand the country’s road network, ensure education for all, push for self-reliance in the defence sector and making public transport accessible.
Merger of 10 Public Sector Banks
• The Modi government, which is committed to reforms in the interest of the country, took a major step by merging 10 small banks into four. The party praises the government for this reformative step.
Strong Nation, Clear Policy
• India’s position has been clear on the situation that has developed with China. India will not let any expansionist strategy succeed on its borders. Under the leadership of PM Modi, India has proved this at every given opportunity.
Public Mandate with Government
• The BJP received historic blessings from the people of Bihar in Assembly Election.
• The way in which NDA emerged victorious defying all negative aspirations, speaks volumes about the rising confidence of people in the BJP.
• In Jammu and Kashmir, in the first local elections held after the removal of Article 370 it was democracy that won.
• The first District Development Council elections held in J&K shattered many myths. Ignoring terrorists and separatists, people fearlessly reposed faith in democracy and a three-tier Panchayati system has been instituted in J&K.
• The unprecedented support the BJP received in the local body elections of Hyderabad are proof that the confidence in PM Shri Narendra Modi’s leadership is growing in every nook and corner of the country.
The Resolve to Win in Upcoming Elections
Elections in many states will be held in 2021. West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Assam, Kerala and Puducherry are headed for elections.
• The way PM Shri Narendra Modi ji’s leadership is winning people’s support in West Bengal goes to show that the lotus will bloom in West Bengal and the BJP will form a full-majority government.
• Assam, which was once neglected, is now developing fast. During the tenure of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, the view of the country towards Northeastern states has changed. As a result of this, the faith of Assamese people in the NDA government has become stronger.
• The NDA government is going into the elections Assam with the resolve to form a full majority government once again.
• The BJP has strengthened its organizational foundation in Tamil Nadu and Kerala. In Tamil Nadu, the BJP is contesting along with its coalition partner.
• In Kerala, the party has expanded its membership. Over the last few years, its vote percentage has increased. The BJP’s acceptability among the people of Kerala has risen while at the same time people’s anger towards the current government is palpable.
• The BJP’s Kerala workers are taking the party’s message from door-to-door in the state and working relentlessly to present a viable political alternative to Kerala.
• No election is small or insignificant for the party. Even elections in Puducherry are a matter of pride for the NDA. The people of Puducherry are looking to replace the anti-people Congress government and bring in a new NDA government.