Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved reconstitution of Niti Aayog, keeping Shri Rajiv Kumar as its vice chairman.
The PM Modi appointed Defence Minister Shri Rajanth Singh, Home Minister Shri Amit Shah, Finance Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman and Agriculture Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar as ex-officio members.
Transport Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari, Commerce and Industry and Railway Minister Shri Piyush Goyal, Social Justice Minister Shri Thawar Chand Gehlot and Statistics Minister Shri Rao Inderjit Singh will be special invitees to the panel.
The panel’s current members Shri VK Saraswat, Shri Ramesh Chand and Shri VK Paul have been renamed.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi serves as the chairman of NITI Aayog.
Members of the re-constituted National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog are as following:
Chairperson: Prime Minister
Vice-Chairperson: Dr Rajiv Kumar
- VK Saraswat
- Prof Ramesh Chand
- Dr VK Paul
- Raj Nath Singh, Minister of Defence
- Amit Shah, Minister of Home Affairs
- Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of Finance and Minister of Corporate Affairs
- Narendra Singh Tomar, Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare;Minister of Rural Development; Minister of Panchayati Raj.
- Nitin Jairam Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport and Highways; Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Thaawar Chand Gehlot, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways; and Minister of Commerce and Industry
- Rao Inderjit Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Ministry of Planning