BJP Vision Document for Nagaland released
BJP National President Shri JP Nadda released the party’s ‘Vision Document’ for Nagaland Assembly Elections in Kohima on 14 February, 2023. State BJP President Shri Temjen Imna and other BJP leaders were also present during the event.
Addressing on the occasion Shri JP Nadda said, the Vision Document 2023 for Nagaland have taken care of many issues and represented all the “Asthalaxmi” focusing on peace, power, tourism, 5G connectivity, culture, natural farming, sports and potential to form- that in coming days what Nagaland will be going to do under NDPP and BJP alliance. He said today, Nagaland is in the path of normalcy, peace, prosperity, development and consolidation.
He said the 2023 Vision Document of the party reflects the ambitions, desires and aspirations of the people of Nagaland.
In the vision document the BJP made several promises which will be catered in the next five years of governance. Excerpts :
Preserving Rich Naga Identity and Culture
• We will establish a dedicated Nagaland Cultural Research Fund with an investment of Rs. 1,000 crores to promote research, protection and conservation of languages and culture of all communities.
• Will establish Saramati Cultural University in Kiphire with an investment of Rs. 500 crores focusing on imparting knowledge and research.
Agriculture and Farmer Welfare
• We will increase the financial assistance under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme from the current Rs. 6,000 to Rs. 8,000 per annum.
• We will launch the Agri-Infrastructure Mission with an investment of Rs. 500 crores to develop a holistic agri-infrastructure of collection and primary processing centers.
• Will introduce the Neidonuo Angami Women Welfare Scheme under which a bond of Rs. 50,000 will be provided on the birth of a girl child.
• Will provide free-of-cost, quality education to all female students from KG to PG.
• We will provide 2 free-of-cost LPG cylinders to all Ujjwala beneficiaries every year.
• Will launch the CM Free Scooty Scheme to provide free scooty to meritorious college-going female students.
• Provide 2 lakh s e l f -employment opportunities in the next 5 years through the establishment of Software Technology Parks, Agro Processing, Textiles, MSMEs, Tourism, etc.
• Invest Rs. 500 crores to launch a Nagaland Skill Development University to train the youth.
• We will provide digital tablets to all the meritorious students of classes 10th and 12th.
• We will set up a State Sports University.
• We will double the per-family annual insurance cap from Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 10 lakhs under Ayushman Bharat.
• We will invest Rs. 500 crores to double the number of beds across all government hospitals and expand the presence of daycare clinics in the state.
• We will introduce Nagaland State Cancer Prevention and Treatment Policy and invest Rs. 400 crores to set up a Super Specialty cancer hospital and research centre in Zunheboto.
• We will introduce Nagaland Tourism Skill Mission to provide training and employment opportunities to 50,000 local youth.