Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader and Union Minister Shri Bhupender Yadav addressed a press conference held in the Central Office on July 31 and applauded the Central Government under the leadership of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji for taking various steps for the welfare of OBC, SC, ST and women of the country.
Here are the key points of his speech:
- The Bharatiya Janata Party heartily thank Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji for granting 27 and 10 per cent reservation to OBC and economically weaker sections respectively in PG and UG courses in medical colleges across the country.
- With this landmark decision of our Hon’ble Prime Minister will every year benefit around 1,500 OBC and 550 EWS in getting admissions. Similarly, in the PG courses in medical colleges 2,500 OBC category students and around 1,000 EWS category students will get benefitted in admissions.
- The Narendra Modi government has taken many steps for the welfare of OBC category. It was Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji who granted constitutional status to the OBC Commission thus giving much deserved dignity and honour to the OBC category people.
- In the Narendra Modi Government MPs from Dalit, Backward, SC, ST and OBC communities have got good representation. In the current Narendra Modi Government 27 Ministers are from the OBC communities, 20 from SC and ST communities while 11 are women.
- The Congress party should tell the people of India that despite being in power for such a long period why it failed to protect the rights of the OBC category people and did not do enough for their welfare and upliftment? Why the Congress party did nothing for giving 10% reservation to economically backward sections (EWS ) of the society?
- It is the Bharatiya Janata Party government under the decisive and dynamic leadership of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji which has actually implemented on the ground the principles and ideals of Baba Saheb Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar ji. The Congress party failed miserably in this . That is the reason why the Congress party’s condition is like ‘giggle cat scratches the pole’, and it is understandable.
- Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji has always believed in and worked towards achieving ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas’. He has been working hard to improve ‘ease of living’ so that every community can live comfortably and we can create an equal society where there is no division on the basis of caste, creed or religion. The Narendra Modi Government is highly committed to provide basic amenities and facilities with ease and at cheaper prices . He is devotedly working on creating an equitable society.
- The focal point of each and every scheme and programme of the Narendra Modi Government are poor, weaker sections, backwards sections of the society. Antodaya is the resolution of our Hon’ble Prime Minister and to create an equitable and just society his mission.
- Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji has brought about revolutionary change in the medical education sector besides giving priority to social justice.
- In the past 5 years the Narendra Modi Government has opened 179 new medical colleges. Today there are 558 medical colleges across the country. In the country today there has been 56% increase in UG medical seats, while there has been 80% increment in PG courses seats. A great deal of benefits of these initiatives is being availed by the students of students of OBC, SC and ST communities across India.
- The Central Government has also increased annual income norms for pre- matric and free annual coaching scholarships for students of SC and OBC categories. The government has also given massive hike in pre matric scholarships for OBC category students.
- Be it the Pradhanmantri Awas Yojna, Ayushman Bharat Yojna, Jan Dhan Yojna, Ujjawala Yojna or other socioeconomic welfare schemes, with these schemes announced by Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji has helped every section of the society including OBC, SC, ST, women and poor people.