Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader and Union Minister Smt. Meenakshi Lekhi addressed a press conference at the party’s central office and slammed the opposition over the latest revelations in Pegasus case and misbehavior of TMC and Congress MPs in Rajya Sabha.
Here are the Salient points of her speech:
- The whole fake and cooked up story of Pegasus phone tapping is nothing but a plot against the Narendra Modi government and a ploy to create a fake narrative against the Bharatiya Janata Party government at the Centre. From today’s media reports from Israel and a U-turn by Amnesty International clearly proves that Pegasus’ story is completely fake and bogus.
- It seems that a list has been made out of yellow pages and on this fake basis functioning of Parliament is being hindered. While Amnesty International has already washed its hands from the controversy, Israeli firm NSO has also clarified on the matter. Now by creating fake controversy the Opposition motive is just to defame India and disrupt our strong democracy by not allowing Parliament to function.
- Today in Parliament while Union IT Minister Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw was replying to queries Trinamool Congress party (TMC) MPs snatched papers from his hands and tore them. It is a matter of great shame and humiliation for our democracy. We have never seen such derogatory behavior in our history of Parliament proceedings.
- In the temple of democracy MPs of the Trinamool Congress party and the Congress party did a very shameful act. No one had ever thought that the Opposition leaders would stoop to such a level and do such derogatory things and would badly hurt the reputation of our Parliamentary democracy. The Pegasus spying issue is nothing but fake news.
- We have seen earlier also how the Opposition parties had shamed our democracy and insulted our Parliament when they did not allow Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji to introduce their newly inducted ministers. It is highly condemnable and atrocious. The Bharatiya Janata Party severely condemns and denounces such bad behavior of the TMC, the Congress party and other Opposition leaders.
- Union IT Minister Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw ji while speaking in Parliament has twice outrightly rejected the Pegasus spying report. He has very categorically stated that the Central Government was very serious and highly committed towards data protection and to safeguarding privacy of its citizens. We will never ever compromise on these two important and sensitive issues.
- Through the unnecessary controversy of Pegasus the Opposition parties are not allowing people’s issues to be brought up and they are not allowing the government to answer people’s queries.
- Rahul Gandhi and other Opposition leaders keep on making baseless allegations and then seek answers from the government. And when the time comes for the government to answer the Opposition, they do not allow the ministers to speak and disrupt the proceedings of Parliament.
- Opposition leaders create ruckus in Parliament, they do not allow Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji to speak in Parliament, they snatch papers from a senior Union Minister, tear it and create trouble. What is it that the Opposition parties are trying to hide and not allow Parliament to function?
- We have been saying from the very first day that it is the Congress party which has a long history of spying and conspiracy, the Bharatiya Janata Party government has never been involved in such activity. The news coming out in the media a day before the commencement of Parliament’s Monsoon Session is not a coincidence, it is a major conspiracy to defame the Narendra Modi government.